Signalyst DSC1

Attachments

• IMG-3903.jpg
    IMG-3903.jpg
    780.6 KB · Views: 521
The difference in sound between melf and tantalum is not big.

MELF is not the type of resistors, is just a case type, usually used when the resistor expect pulse current instead of continuos, and there is no one other advantage.

Resistor in the MELF package can be even carbon(!), which is not suitable for audio at all.
(except for esoteric use case)

You miss the word "this" in the statement:

"The difference in sound between <this> melf and tantalum is not big".

without this word, the statement has a completely different meaning.

c'mon Alex, everybody understood, what was meant :) in contrast the aliexpress link to those nice trafos had an unforgettable description indeed:

"... аудио трансформатор предварительно ввода крупного рогатого скота одного конца..."

so, nobody is perfect, even google translate. sorry for this OT, but the Russian sentence suggests, there will be "preliminary entering of a bunch of cows from one side.. OMG!

I just finished building a DSC2 board.
I was experiencing noise in the left channel; after investigating I found that touching the clock lines (outputs of U11 and U22) with a finger or an oscilloscope probe, I could make the noise disappear in the noisy channel or appear in che clean channel. I added 4x 220R terminations to ground across pins 8-11 of U15, U19, U26, U30 (74AHCT595), that is at the end of the 4 clock tracks. The problem disappeared and the board is not sensitive anymore to external contact on these tracks.

Hmm ... This problem used to be when using only Xmos and DSC2.5-2.6 versions.
The fact is that the Xmos MCLK phase is slightly different from Amanero. And apparently the registers AHCT595 were in a metastable state.
You also slightly shifted the MCLK phase with resistors.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-06-30 at 00.17.23 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-06-30 at 00.17.23 (1).jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 535