Signalyst DSC1

I used some time to the read BBB. BBB are great with Botic, it's has 8 I2S and 4 DSD data, it's using clock matched to 48Khz music mource and can use the external as schematic of PPY.
But BBB can't convert PCM to DSD.
You can combind AK4118 + AK417 for Coxial/Optic Receiver and use I2C from BBB to control them?
If data are DSD => Signal send to DSD Board.
If data are PCM => Signal send to AK4137 for the Convert => DSD Board. Next/Pause/Sample Rate change...can make POP.

Last edited:
Direct DSD

Why bother with conversion? Wouldn’t it be simpler to pre-convert PCM to DSD with one of online available converters, and feed BBB directly from USB, SD card, or network storage. That could also include native DSD. I wonder if it would be possible to stream from wifi using Volumino or similar player.

I'm having a bit of a problem with my DSC1 setup and I'm hoping someone has been down this road before me.

My Setup: Roon -> HQPlayer -> BBB -> Ian's MCFIFO + McDUAL -> DSC.

I'm able to play 44.1 sample rate files no problem, I'm able to play 44.1 and then 48k sample rate files, again, no problem. When I try to play a 44.1k file after a 48k file I get a pop (un-muting I'm guessing) and static. After I hear static any file/sample rate I try to play all I hear is static.

Power cycling the BBB and/or DSC has no effect - Power cycling the whole box allows me to again play any sample rate with no static (and it sounds fantastic).

Any ideas?

Why bother with conversion? Wouldn’t it be simpler to pre-convert PCM to DSD with one of online available converters, and feed BBB directly from USB, SD card, or network storage. That could also include native DSD. I wonder if it would be possible to stream from wifi using Volumino or similar player.
I need for convert CD Mechanical. It's have coaxial/Optic output :ngủ:

Why bother with conversion? Wouldn’t it be simpler to pre-convert PCM to DSD with one of online available converters, and feed BBB directly...

If I only listened to DSD I would consider doing as you suggest, however, I have systems, such as my home cinema setup and my headphone amp/dac that can only use PCM.

Also, although my experience of this area may be out of date, tagging of PCM files was much better than for DSD.

Finally, I would want to be sure that any pre-conversion sounded as good as the on-the-fly conversion performed by HQP.

PureDSD DSC2 stuffing guide

Stephanlj, thanks for your impressions on the LL1684s. I ordered and received a pair from K&K Audio and am looking forward to trying them out. Did you add any additional loading / snubbing to them? I saw some recommendations on this in https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/254935-signalyst-dsc1-85.html#post5419165, though I'm not sure if the latest PureDSD DSC2 has footprints for them.

I'm not sure who on this thread is going to be building the PureDSD DSC2, but I have put together a guide for component placement to use when I start my build. The silkscreen is ambiguous for some of the 0603 / 0805 parts and I have attempted to document the correct places for these components. I did this by hand from the schematic and Gerbers, so be forewarned that there may currently be errors. I have attached the guide and would appreciate a second pair of eyes - and wouldn't suggest using it without it getting a second review.

Greg

Attachments

• puredsd-dsc2-pcb-stuffing-guide.pdf
    204.3 KB · Views: 254
Progress on my DSC2 project has slowed down as I have some trouble-shooting to do. If I try to send music to it from HQP the networkaudiod process on the BBB stops. I'll disconnect the BBB from the Hermes/Cronus and try to get it working on its own with its internal clock and then progress from there.

Ray

For sale DSCV2.5.2 complete

For sale DSCV2.5.2 built by Pavel, unsoldered end-stage, with original Chinese transformers. It is in the orginal state as delivered by Vit. Located in Europe. I am selling due to time constraints.

Attachments

• 20181216_082057_resized.jpg
    20181216_082057_resized.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 569
  • 20181216_082106_resized.jpg
    20181216_082106_resized.jpg
    816.8 KB · Views: 568
  • 20181216_082208_resized.jpg
    20181216_082208_resized.jpg
    891.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 20181216_082046_resized.jpg
    20181216_082046_resized.jpg