Signalyst DSC1

Made the first test copy BBB&Amanero+isolator+reclocker+DSC2.
Now I choose resistors and optimize the firmware for the BBB.

Attachments

• IMG-2787.jpg
    IMG-2787.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 1,644
I do not have DSC2 v2.5.2 or v2.6.2. :)
I can only rely on my memory. It sounds better.
With the BBB there are absolutely no problems with DSD512. The stability of Amanero on DSD512 is low.
The sound is highly dependent on the BBB firmware. So now I’m spending most of my time on optimizing Linux for BBB.
The firmware will work with RoonBrige and NAA HQPlayer.

Schematic diagram, BOM and gerbers for self-manufacturing DSС2 v2.5.2 and v2.6.2.
Documentation is provided "as is".
DSC2 2.5.2-2.6.2 - Google Drive
You can use this information completely freely. If you plan to make changes to the project, I urge you to inform within this forum.
The maximum sound quality of this DAC is revealed when using the Signalyst HQPlayer.

v2.5.2 it is possible to install three types of transformers:
  1. Chinese R3 10k:10k
  2. Lundahl LL1684
  3. Lundahl LL1527XL
v2.6.2 it is possible to install only two types of transformers:
  1. Chinese R3 10k:10k
  2. Lundahl LL1527XL

In the coming days, I will publish a set of documents for the new version of BBB/Amanero+isolator+recloker+DSC2

Last edited:
Hi Pavel,
May I ask you a favor.
I bought a set of transformers of the kind you suggested and was listed on Andrea's site.
The problem that I have is that I bought a second cheap pair from the same vendor and all came in the same box. I have no idea which ones are the more expensive Permalloy ones.
Could you point out on my attached picture if the ones
with the silver laminate core or the darker ones is the
right pair.
This would really help me.

Thank you in advance,
Klaus

Thanks Pavel

I want to encourage all those who have the differential version of this dac to
try the cheap TPA3116 boards from China as those chips have differential inputs.
Most vendors only use them single ended but my board from Yuanjing
has the second input from the differential pair tied to ground via a ceramic cap.

As you can see on my previous picture I simply removed the ceramic caps and attached wires to the vacant pads.

This combination just makes the most analog sound I have heard from digital.
My previous combination of Xmos/AK 4490 is not even close.

The details, spacial presentation, and the organic sound is fantastic.

Klaus

Hello PPY,

Schematic diagram, BOM and gerbers for self-manufacturing DSС2 v2.5.2 and v2.6.2.

Documentation is provided "as is".
DSC2 2.5.2-2.6.2 - Google Drive

Is it possible for You to zip and upload these same files here to Diy Audio (servers) instead of linking them only to G_drive so the rest of the readers of this very technically exciting thread can also access them. ?
- Some of us still trust a good firewall and intrusion preventer + key logging preventing softw. to not allow malicious cookies from well known sites to harming us as the visitors of theirs web - cloud services.
Thank You
S.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hello PPY,

Is it possible for You to zip and upload these same files here to Diy Audio (servers) instead of linking them only to G_drive so the rest of the readers of this very technically exciting thread can also access them. ?
- Some of us still trust a good firewall and intrusion preventer + key logging preventing softw. to not allow malicious cookies from well known sites to harming us as the visitors of theirs web - cloud services.
Thank You
S.

Done.

Attachments

• DSC2.pdf
    162.9 KB · Views: 181
  • BOM DSC2.5.2.xlsx.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 110