Signalyst DSC1

Heat problem almost solved.
Now fiddling with the relay to get mute pin working proper.
Here's some plots from picoscope: one is the 7k square wave from dac board. another is the same wave after output board.

Attachments

• 7k square dac.png
    7k square dac.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 864
  • 7k square output.png
    7k square output.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 844
On the following link:
AK4137 I2S/DSD Sample Rate Conversion Board Supports PCM/DSD Interconversion DOP | eBay
A "new" AK4137 board is offered for 34 usd.
Instead of the other board (having Amanero input) this seems to have I2S input.

I understood that AK4137 doesn't allow top quality conversion, but do You think this board can be of some value for DSC2 ? For example odroid (or RPi3) to DSD through i2s without usb?
What's about "pops" at the starting session or between songs?

This can be a simple and cheap system to start listening...

Fab

I am building a PC for HQ player to feed the DSC V2.5.2. Currently looking at motherboards. Do you guys use dual NIC (dual lan port) motherboards to connect your PC at the same time to to the NAA (beagle bone black or RPI's) and your network? Or do you just use single NIC and your network switch to connect to the NAA?

Any advice on important AM4 motherboards specifications or what to take into account?
How about an Asus RoG Strix X470-F Gaming mobo or MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC?

@ppy: hats off to you! That was it.
Perhaps I'lll look into replacing the inverters. Especially if it would work with the rest of the DACs I have.

The good news: I realized that BBB Botic driver has the option to invert the phase. So I connected my BBB->Hermes->Cronus -> BCK.DSDL/DSDR ->DSC2.6 and pin 10 to pin7 to provide DSDEN. Same noise as before.
Then I changed
Code:
/sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/dai_format
contents from the default 16385 to 17409.

Boom! Perfect sound. There are of course pops from the DSD start as the mute is not operational, but I'll deal with this later - for now I'm quite happy.

Thank you Pavel for your help and continuing support!

Can you post some pictures of your Beaglebone, Hermes, Cronus and DSC2 setup? I plan to do the same thing and I want to make sure that I have everything hooked up correctly.

Thank You

Joined 2006
Paid Member
This is not an image - any hints on how to install this? Just copy on an SD card?

Thanks!
Yes, it's very easy to go. Nothing special.

Configuring:
1. Network setting can be found in /naa/naa.conf
2. uEnv.txt contains optargs= line for configuring Botic driver (I use exactly this line). Just replace by needed. Full descriprion can be found at http://bbb.ieero.com/

How to start:
1. Format active partition of mSD to FAT32.
2. Copy all files from zip to this partition.
3. Edit network settings and uEnv.txt
4. Boot from mSD.

All info can be found in /README.txt