Signalyst DSC1

... Sallen-Key filter added (with redefine values for capacitors and resistors for the second filter).

3D-STEP model for I2SOverUSB missing (enquiry done).

Coupling caps, DC free?

Output amplifier/Buffer?

Jean-Paul

Attachments

• DSC1_NEU_COMPLETE_SKETCHUP_2.jpg
    DSC1_NEU_COMPLETE_SKETCHUP_2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 591
here the different schematics:
- 8-bit tap (8x 15k),
- discrete I/V-converter (500R; +2.5V bias --> thanks Patrick),
- and the two Sallen-Key filter (94kHz and 166kHz).

Do I forget something, I mean principally, coupling capacitors? Open for sinnfull modifications...

Jean-Paul

Attachments

• 8-BIT_TAP.pdf
    17.2 KB · Views: 254
  • SEN_I_V_2.pdf
    18.5 KB · Views: 232
  • SALLEN-KEY-FILTER.pdf
    16 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC1_complete.pdf
    42.1 KB · Views: 281
here the different schematics:
- 8-bit tap (8x 15k),
- discrete I/V-converter (500R; +2.5V bias --> thanks Patrick),
- and the two Sallen-Key filter (94kHz and 166kHz).

Do I forget something, I mean principally, coupling capacitors? Open for sinnfull modifications...

Jean-Paul

I very much like the approach. For the Sallen Key filters, I am inclined to go with a B1 buffer as the basis -- not too different from what you have, really very close. I am suggesting this because this already exists, essentially but with diifferent values, as the B-4 active crossover.

Now interestingly, both of these can readily be made balanced as the SEN, so from the point of view of what DSC2 might look like, and assuming we use this approach for the discrete IV and filters, what would the digital input look like? ... would it be as simple as placing an inverter on the DSD input line?

Hello,

I reiterate my question about coupling between the different stages to know if I can go completly DC and only place a coupling cap at the output of the last Sallen-Key filter?

I´ve asking Patrick (EUVL) for helping to built a last version of his simplistic OPAMP to use as output buffer.

JLSOUNDS give me 3D datas for the I2SOVERUSB converter: I´m working on some missing components but the results are today quiet good, please see the attachment...

Jean-Paul

Attachments

• DSC1_NEU_COMPLETE_SKETCHUP_3.jpg
    DSC1_NEU_COMPLETE_SKETCHUP_3.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 756
ARM/FPGA SFP optical input, I2S output NAA

I've been looking at SFP input and I2S output with networkaudiod running on a low powered CPU. sm31 pointed this out: Optical Network Configurations - Page 16

This product will use the Xilinx 7010/7020: krtkl

So a driver would need to be written/modified to get I2S output on the pins ... doable?

I am thinking this would be a terrific platform to create a direct Ethernet input for the "DSC2".

Not just transformer:) I'm thinking relays to switch between discrete SK filter eg B1 buffer based vs. M2 "enhanced" transformer -- the M2 sounds so good in real life that it might be a good option, but it would be good to be able to test side by side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk