Signalyst DSC1

Attachments

• 06-07-2019 23-02-28.png
    06-07-2019 23-02-28.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 631
Since Pavel is fully in DSC production now, I'll try to answer some questions. Of course, Pavel correct me if necessary. :)

There was a quite big discussion at Russian Signalyst DSC thread about the need of I/V converter. I think in that particular case shift registers form a simple voltage divider. That’s why I/V stage isn’t needed. It’s only my IMHO.

Pavel tried discrete output of his own design too. It was worser then transformer output stage. That's why lately he focus only at transormers output stage.

Frequency response of stock DSC v2 transformers 10 Hz - 150 kHz +/- 0.2 dB. That's why there is practically no LPF in DSC v2 from my point of view. In attach you can see DSC 2.5 measurements 5K+15K signal (DSD256). I have no problem with ultra sonic noise with my Prima Luna Dialog Premium amp and DTQWT by Troels Gravesen.

Output voltage 1.6V Rms. Zout ~ 700Ohm.

Ok...if this about right for the V2 as well, I would translate this for my tube output stage Design (which I need to get to 16Vpp as my 300b amp has only one driver stage): Do not use the transformers and attach the output directly to the grids of the tube with a grid to ground resistor to fine tune the output-voltage of the tube stage...which is how the Soekris DAC plays currently with it. Any issues with this ?

Hi Pavel.

I'm putting together a BOM for your reclocker with references to Mouser part numbers as i plan to order the parts for my reclocker this week - the PCBs have already shipped from China. Do you have any recommendations for the capacitors?

I couldn't find any 220uF 16V 1206 footprint caps on Mouser, but they do have 220uF 10V 1206 tantalums, which I think should be OK.

I assume Tanatalum types for the 33uF 16V 0603 caps and ceramic for the 0.1uF (100nF) 0603 caps.

I can provide a spreadsheet of my BOM with the Mouser references if that would be useful - I found the BOM included on the schematic pdf a little awkward as you have to retype the part numbers into the Mouser website.

Cheers

Ray