Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Signalyst DSC1
Signalyst DSC1
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th July 2019, 07:56 PM   #1441
Blitz is offline Blitz  Germany
diyAudio Member

...by the way...the polarity of the tantalum caps are like positive in the above example on the left, so where the open end is, is negative, correct ?
Old 6th July 2019, 08:06 PM   #1442
ppy is offline ppy  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Attached Images
File Type: png 06-07-2019 23-02-28.png (14.7 KB, 197 views)
Old 7th July 2019, 09:47 AM   #1443
Blitz is offline Blitz  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vit123 View Post
Since Pavel is fully in DSC production now, I'll try to answer some questions. Of course, Pavel correct me if necessary.

There was a quite big discussion at Russian Signalyst DSC thread about the need of I/V converter. I think in that particular case shift registers form a simple voltage divider. Thatís why I/V stage isnít needed. Itís only my IMHO.

Pavel tried discrete output of his own design too. It was worser then transformer output stage. That's why lately he focus only at transormers output stage.

Frequency response of stock DSC v2 transformers 10 Hz - 150 kHz +/- 0.2 dB. That's why there is practically no LPF in DSC v2 from my point of view. In attach you can see DSC 2.5 measurements 5K+15K signal (DSD256). I have no problem with ultra sonic noise with my Prima Luna Dialog Premium amp and DTQWT by Troels Gravesen.

Output voltage 1.6V Rms. Zout ~ 700Ohm.
Ok...if this about right for the V2 as well, I would translate this for my tube output stage Design (which I need to get to 16Vpp as my 300b amp has only one driver stage): Do not use the transformers and attach the output directly to the grids of the tube with a grid to ground resistor to fine tune the output-voltage of the tube stage...which is how the Soekris DAC plays currently with it. Any issues with this ?
Old 8th July 2019, 06:09 AM   #1444
ondrejk53 is offline ondrejk53  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

Hi guys! Can you disclose me connection process between PC and BB after Linux was booted from SD card with Botic image? I was not able to connect to BB so there is no possibility to record datas to eMMC. 172.16.0.16 address does not work for me. Thanks in advance.
Old 9th July 2019, 08:10 PM   #1445
ondrejk53 is offline ondrejk53  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

Problem solved! You have just to check IP address of connected DHCP clients on your router and to use IP address of Botic7 client on your browser. Thank you Pavel

Signalyst DSC1Hide this!Advertise here!