Signalyst DSC1

Thanks for reacting. I did both.

Switching to slave mode does not work. Via the Amanero configuration tool I get "Audio device not found" while windows perfectly recognizes the driver. I know that the Amanero is properly working (did so with the 2.6.2). I observed Barrows posting also about this, nobody could help.

And I use your pure firmware ofcourse. But J9/Pin28 does not work at all. It just stays low (or high with the 4k7 connected and then you can play nothing at all).

Ok, I found the solution. Very happy!

For this new pure DSD DAC the Amanero should be flashed like this:
Flash CPLD and CPU.png

And then the Configuration bits like this:
Configuration bits.png

The difference with the instruction from Pavel is small, no DSD Channels SWAP. This is because the channels are already swapped on the circuit/PCB design.

Reactions: 2 users
With my Anubis pro I performed some measurements. The DAC as well as the Joyin Audio T1 trafo's perform excellent. What you see is DSD256 with AMSDMEC 512+fs modulator at 20 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz and 17+18 kHz. HQPlayer volume was set at -6.5dBFS. The waveform at -3dBFS and 24b/44.1kHz. So input level for the DSC2 DAC at -9.5dBFS. There is a bit of trafo loss because of impedance mismatch between the trafo and Anubis input. Normally it should be terminated with a total impedance of 7k (load impedance // amp input impedance). But the loss is mainly due to the fact that the Anubis measures the level at true XLR level while the DSC2 outputs XLR at two times half RCA level.

Attachments

• 20 Hz.png
    20 Hz.png
    21 KB · Views: 65
  • 300 Hz.png
    300 Hz.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 1 kHz.png
    1 kHz.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 17+18 kHz.png
    17+18 kHz.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
With respect to the OR gate that you create with the two diodes and resistor, I do not understand how that is going to work. There will be no distinction between 44.1 and 48. This only works nicely in PCM mode. When in DSD mode, DSDOE will be always high and thus will enable only the 45.1584MHz clock. And in DSD mode, F0 only changes with DSD rate, so high for DSD64,256,1024 and low for DSD128,512. But that is irrelevant because with DSDOE always high the output of the OR gate will be always high and enable 45.1584MHz.

Attachments

• DSDOE en F0-F3.png
    DSDOE en F0-F3.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 47
With respect to the OR gate that you create with the two diodes and resistor, I do not understand how that is going to work. There will be no distinction between 44.1 and 48. This only works nicely in PCM mode. When in DSD mode, DSDOE will be always high and thus will enable only the 45.1584MHz clock. And in DSD mode, F0 only changes with DSD rate, so high for DSD64,256,1024 and low for DSD128,512. But that is irrelevant because with DSDOE always high the output of the OR gate will be always high and enable 45.1584MHz.
I use U30 for both PCM and DSD. Therefore, switching with PCM is important to me. My home DSC2 has DSD'it installed.

1689321689783.png

1689321965506.png

Agree that this OR scheme fully provides the logic of work according to your table. The DSD format in frequency domain 48 is not standard and is extremely rare.

Last edited:
Ok, pin28 works indeed!

With regard to sound quality, with 48k range source the beaglebone with 49.152MHz clock is very close to the Xing U30 when the same source is upsampled to DSD with the 45.1584MHz clock.

If the source is in the 44.1k range then the Xing U30 beats the beaglebone in sound quality. So I am thinking of a manual switch to be able to use the Xing U30 in the 48k range, for this specific source material. I have quite some 24b/96kHz music files.