Signalyst DSC1

I am not familiar with the PCM58 chip.
But according to the datasheet it uses Left Justified mode (MSB).
Therefore, you need add the snd_soc_botic.dai_format=16387 parameter. Also, you must reduce the bit width to 16 or 24 bits snd_soc_botic.blr_ratio=32 or 48
This is the file /boot/uEnv.txt.
More detailed instructions can be found here: http://bbb.ieero.com/

What mean : "snd_soc_botic.dai_format=16387", can you explain for me. I found http://bbb.ieero.com , Left Justified mode (MSB) is snd_soc_botic.dai_format=3
Thanks!

I am not familiar with the PCM58 chip.
But according to the datasheet it uses Left Justified mode (MSB).
Therefore, you need add the snd_soc_botic.dai_format=16387 parameter. Also, you must reduce the bit width to 16 or 24 bits snd_soc_botic.blr_ratio=32 or 48
This is the file /boot/uEnv.txt.
More detailed instructions can be found here: http://bbb.ieero.com/

I added the snd_soc_botic.dai_format=16387 and snd_soc_botic.blr_ratio=18 (for 18 bit pcm58). But i dont play music.

DSC2 output

Hello,
i used DSC2 DAC for about 2 years without any issue. In the last time i bought a Jlester Class D amp with TPA3255. When attached stright DAC->AMP, amp go into protection mode. If i insert a preamplifier betwwen amp and DAC there is no problem.
Have anyone idea what would be the problem?

Hi

I would like to fully exploit the possibilities of dsc2 (version with barebone). I have already purchased output transformers from Ivan.

For a doubt, how would it be a good combination of hardware configuration to be able to use dsd512 with hqplayer and if it would be a good idea to feed dsc2 with Ian Canada battery power supply. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

If you have computer that is up to the job of delivering a high quality DSD512 stream to the Beaglebone then I suggest you try it and see if it suits you. My HQPlayer hardware platform can do DSD512 but suffers from occasional dropouts so is marginal and I've happily settled for DSD256 without feeling that I'm missing out. Your choice of HQPlayer filter options will make a difference to the viability of DSD512.

I have no experience with Ian's battery supply so can't comment.

Hi all.

If someone interested, I've a DSC2.5.2 board for sale (selected components from Pavel) and yellow transformers output stage ...
I'm currently running a glorious DSC Stick dac (by Gionag), so the original DSC2.5.2 is right that it can make other fans happy.

DSC2.5.2 resize.jpg

I've also a never mounted Amanero board too if you want to run DSC2.5.2 by using USB input

Just got my PCBs tonight. First time soldering SMD, I’ve got a few bridges, need to wick away some of the extra solder and straighten out some components...but I dont think it’s too bad?!

e1Ft3Xy.jpg

0m9Wsls.jpg

Let me know if you guys see anything amiss, before I let the smoke out!

Thanks a lot Pavel and everyone else who helped out with this project!

Is it possible to use Lundahl 1690?

I completed PPY's BBB player, I mod circuit diagram & PCB layout ,added master clock selector / power supply board and spdif / optical & IIS over HDMI socket output board ,two clock selected by buffer IC and enable when need, clock using DIP14 socket , all reg. IC upgraded to LT3045. Using PPY's pure firmware. Thanks for PPY.
C4BEB109-2A19-416B-9C32-DB1D94D44C43.jpeg
88D8379C-0F6C-4F4C-A156-91D96FEA26FC.jpeg
5E9991DD-7DE5-4350-830D-D24085022184.jpeg
C4BEB109-2A19-416B-9C32-DB1D94D44C43.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users