7.1 Digital to Analog convertor for Home Theater

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys does any one know where to get a 7.1 digital to analog audio converter or just make it?

Doubt that you will get a kit anywhere. Ebay doesn't seem to have one.
But there are several home theater processor/preamp units offered by many manufacturers like Rotel , Sherwood, Marantz and many more. Nothing is low cost ! Rotel RSP1098 even has a video display on the front panel.
Google it and you will find many others.

Twisted Pear are at the moment building more of the Buffalo3-board, so you should be able to order it again soon. This is though only a semi-DIY-solution as all components are already soldered to the board. If you want a full DIY-solution, and do all the soldering yourself, you`ll have to send them a request for a kit. Don`t know if they do sell kits though, as this is SMD-soldering, and definitely not for the beginner. (I`m not implyng that you are a beginner in soldering, as I have no idea about your soldering-skills, but I`m guessing they won`t sell kits to everyone who asks for them) Or you`ll have to use Google and see if anyone else are selling 8-channel full DIY-kits for this DAC.

You could also find a cheaper DAC, and build 8 of them into one enclosure, but I don`t think that will be any cheaper than buying one Buffalo.

Regards

- Bjørn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.