SPID/F input bare pcb ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

First, all my :xfingers: for 2014.

I discovered smd iron pen soldering with the Subbu Dac project for the beginners not beginners and loved that even if I don't know how it sounds yet because I'm beginner in the beginning scale and unfornately fried a component because of a bad printing on the pcb made by a non beginner for testing beginners... or something like that:p !... i waiting for new parts to continue to be beginner and to be less beginner if i suceed)

I appreciate the learning experience and asking myself if simple spidf input pcb for W88004/5 in hardware mode (with XO chip) exist on EBAY. Because the pads are too little i need a pcb for it to play after with my own pcb dac chips : have some like pHILIPS tda 154x, PCM56, ...

thank you,

Hi,

I discovered smd iron pen soldering with the Subbu Dac project for the beginners not beginners and loved that even if I don't know how it sounds yet because I'm beginner in the beginning scale and unfornately fried a component because of a bad printing on the pcb made by a non beginner for testing beginners... or something like that:p !... i waiting for new parts to continue to be beginner and to be less beginner if i suceed)

I appreciate the learning experience and asking myself if simple spidf input pcb for W88004/5 in hardware mode (with XO chip) exist on EBAY. Because the pads are too little i need a pcb for it to play after with my own pcb dac chips : have some like pHILIPS tda 154x, PCM56, ...

thank you,

Yes, Sure Electronics have one with WM8804. You can find it very easily from Ebay using the search.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi,

I discovered smd iron pen soldering with the Subbu Dac project for the beginners not beginners and loved that even if I don't know how it sounds yet because I'm beginner in the beginning scale and unfornately fried a component because of a bad printing on the pcb made by a non beginner for testing beginners... or something like that:p !... i waiting for new parts to continue to be beginner and to be less beginner if I succeed)

Best wishes for 2014 to you too Daniel. Just read this post coincidentally and our DAC really is not for beginners as stated various times in various threads. It was a third version of an already "not for beginners" design made for those that could not obtain PCBs anymore. Nevertheless I admire the courage.

The "bad printing" was not a problem with the parts in the BOM as they were non polar but still it is an error. I doubt the wrong polarization of the part caused the defect but we'll see.

I would advise to look for Twisted Pears OTTO if you really want to switch SPDIF sources. You know by now that V3 sounds as good as it does because it does only 1 thing and it does so very well. All stuff that's added will have an influence on the final result and this counts for most devices.

There exists an input switching device with WM8805 on Ebay but I can not find it anymore. I have one on my hands now but it seems it is out of production. Maybe other member knows where to find it. It has I2S outputs and and an XO. It has 110 Ohm SPDIF, 75 Ohm SPDIF, Toslink and USB. Blue PCB with an also blue control PCB with LEDs for Lock etc.

Last edited:
Com onnnnnnnnnnn Jean-Paul, i was just joking with the concep of "beginner" as you repeat a lot your self this word but don't really understand its meaning concept! French Humour : our way not to be "revolutionaire"... ;). We are all perpetual beginners (see the bad + printing) and some like me are more :snail:. This is very unimportant :) and thanks again for your work with Subbu.

I'm pretty sure I succeed soon to finalize the V3 after receiving 2 foxs, and 2 LDO spares. I really am a "beginner":D cause I have been just tweaking commercial cd player and commercial DACs for 10 years. I like the few parts concept of Subbu and sure it is possible for a first time smd assembly to succeed... as many seems to be like me.

by the way thank you for the Otto2 advice too, it seems ideal for playing with multiple DAC behind for testing. I just know the wm88004 they don't sell anymore. The other pcb with the wm88004 seems good too for final job after testing. Ok non continuous plane ground as a unique pcb concept but better than nothing.

I know there is too an outstanding input free jitter here maid by a fellow, but in my mind it's more for the o less beginner who play with the concepts of Ecdesigns.

I'm not Daniel, I'm Eldam. My typo fault : i put a "," after the "thks". Daniel is Curryman. I am really an absolute beginner in english as you see. The fault of the missing doc when I was child. Stupids politicians in France don't want childs looking at manga series in english on TV like in your countrie. But like the iron pen, I try to do the best with my pen !

My best to 2014.

Eldam

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Pas de problème Eldam, mais je pense c'est mieux de écrire en français pour toi ;) En fait je pense c'etait un bonne decision de éviter domination de la langue anglais en France. Dans la Hollande notre langue nouvelle sera anglais et nous oublions notre langue maternelle.

La force d'une Europe unie sont les differences... Veuillez m'excuser pour toute erreur grammaticale, français n'est pas une des plus facile langues.

Last edited:
I'm off topic here but isn't it my thread ? Yes it is.

Google translate is your friend ! I never use it, but i would as I waste the Shakespear language !

In fact I think it's easier to learn the japaneese than the french. But maybe english gramarian at a higher level is harder than the french one. I'm not concern cause I can't manage the simple one.

My thinking is we need an universal language tool to communicate, a knife is a knife and you can cute camembert or Gudha as well to preserve the culture. Problems comes with conceptual situation like chopstiks. :scratch1:

I listen to "Camembert Electrique" from Gong this afternoon :D before a spiritual meditation.

With the history of our countries, french, like spanish, german, english, maybe portugese with imagination, all would have been the first used language in the world. Now it is the americaglish, it's good as it is because better and easier than chineese, russian, french, sweedish, arabian... both for rock' roll and mutual understanding. Vive Lafayette ! Imagine frank Sinatra in French:rofl:... He just stole the words of its most famous song to Claude François, a french, but imagine he sang it in french :eek: !

I understand your french very well and I would hope my english is of the same level, but afraid it's not. If i rewrite it with the closest words but correct gramarian arrangement, the phrase is :

" Pas de problème Eldam, mais je pense que ça serait mieux pour toi d'écrire en français (or more french : "mais je crois qu'il serait plus efficace pour toi..."). En fait, je pense qu'éviter la domination de la langue anglaise en France était une bonne décision. En Hollande, notre langue maternelle va devenir l'anglais. Les différences sont la force d'une Europe unifiée (or better french: Ce qui fait la force d'une Europe unifiée, ce sont ses différences)... Veuillez m'excuser pour mes erreurs de grammaire, mais le français n'est pas l'une des langues les plus faciles" (or better : mais le français n'est pas une langue des plus facile")

As you see, very close. Bravo if it is written without Google translate...I can't write any neerlandese phrases... just few words of indonesian from Hollande : una, dua, tiga !

Have a new project...French : a non beginner project. We need a bidule to translate the english... but some french here speak very well, suppose they were blocked in a pub for one year or two younger !

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.