New DAC-Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
During the last weeks I could test the prototype of a new DAC-kit which will be available soon.

Tests were made in comparison with several CD-sources:
CD-Transport: Advance Acoustic MCD404 (with modified supplies)
External DAC: Theta Digital Gen.V (with modified supplies); WEISS “DAC1”
SACD-Player: Sony XB940 (heavily modified similar to Allen Wright,
but with ZAP-Filter Mk2 and additional external supply

To make a long test-story short: this DAC-kit is a hammer in every respect: dynamics, transparency, pace, rhythm, noise etc. - it’s the best DAC I ever have heard!
But I now have a redundant DAC – fortunately only the “Theta” because I am not the owner of the expensive “Weiss”.

If you are interested – look there:
Digital to Analog

Because of the many email regarding measured values ​​and interfaces, we have published some measurements from our first series on our web page.
Further measurements will be done when we get out our final DIY version.
I hope this helps.

Digital to Analog

I used our SABRE 32ADC, which was built to get an excellent linear measurement system, as an ADC with 96kHz sampling rate and you see the noise floor and the distortion with 1kHz/-6dBFS from ADC and DAC conversion.
Our ADC - DIY version will also come out next year, to built high end recording equipment and ADC for digital Crossover.

The datasheet with configuration and interface description will be published next week.

this seems to be freaking interesting! Please keep us posted as final kit is available.
I really enjoyed your volume control system, if this is as good as that....I will be an happy camper!
Thanks for your hard work and for sharing it with us at a very little price!!

I also made some measurements with a DIY XMOS module
This works really well and the sound is also amazing.

Attachments

• XMOS_1k_sinus_96khz_24bit.jpg
    XMOS_1k_sinus_96khz_24bit.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 462
  • XMOS-IMD19k-20k.jpg
    XMOS-IMD19k-20k.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 458
  • XMOS-USB.jpg
    XMOS-USB.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 457
  • AES96-IMD19k-20k.jpg
    AES96-IMD19k-20k.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 456
Spiri,
Beautiful board and very nice measurements indeed.
Please keep us informed with all the developments.
Question for you: what XLR connector are those?
I usually have problem with metal lip if I screw the xlr from the back of the rear panel...just a silly curiosity..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.