Sony DAS-702ES DAC repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello People

Picked up an old school dac, well the first separate dac ever made no less ( from my research... )

Well it dont work ;) It powers up. Mutes with no input ( has a display to show ) and unmutes and gets a sample rate ( again light comes on , well 32k and 48k do bulb gone me thinks in 44.1 but makes no output regardless so pretty sure its just dead bulb there ) Relays open and close on mute and unmute on headphone and line out.

So I know its getting power to the analogue section as psu measures good and there is power in some places around the analogue section. Digital must be running somewhat as it see's the signal ( various sources such as cdp and computer soundcard )

There is no audio on the headphone or fixed or variable line out. I guess I need to measure if there is any audio in the signal chain. Not sure If I can do this without a scope...... I guess I should be able to measure some voltage somewhere with a test tone running on the input. Board layout is clear and I have the circuit diagram....

Any advice on where to go next would be much appreciated. I know the financial gain might not be worth it but its a challange ....

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.