My new Buffalo IIISE dac needs the best!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The best conditions for a TP Buffalo IIISE

Hello folks,

I am pretty new at this site and this is my first thread in here..

I have assembled my Buffalo IIISE dac and I had some trouble with it, no sound on the output, but it seems to work out now..

I have read some threads regarding transformers directly on the dac output for I/V before an output stage. I don't have any experience with tranformers so I have been through this thread:http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/164294-buffalo-ii-transformers-19.html

Joe Rasmussen put some examples on page 19. But I have to admit - All these post and meanings can confuse me a little..

That's why I am starting this:
I want the "best" terms of working conditions for my dac. I know about the brands Sowter and Lundahl.
I want to go fully ballanced with tubes at the output, with an amplifying circuit for both + and - (the rest of my setup is so)

On page 19 in the other thread, Joe Rasmussen posted example D, that looks interesting: The dac looks into an impedance close to zero, as I understand is best for this dac to performance. But I want the - pol to be amplified by tubes to.. And there is only one primary on the trafo: What about this one from Sowter for an example: http://www.sowter.co.uk/specs/9545.htm
There is two primary windings - One for + and one for - Fully balanced.

30mV out in Joe's example is not much and will need allmost an RIAA amp. So I thought of an stepup trafo like the Sowter I gave as an example, and after the trafo, a tube amplifying circuit with decent gain for both + and - and then we go

I'm not a technician (I'm building quality loudspeakers as my hobby) so maybe I'm in deeb for sure.. Tell me, am I on the totally wrong path here?

Please help me out, it could be nice if someone could tell me which trafo (brand, type and resistors) I should go for.
I know I should try alot of different trafo's and stuff but financially its not an option at the moment..

Is there someone who can lift the fog for me

Best regards from
Vingborg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.