Modding a modi... Oh Schiit..

Hi,
I' m guessing the circuit design is good enough so that the improvement came from the better part quality rather than the closer decoupling. So I think that just replacing this capacitor should be OK.
Surprisingly, I tried a big RC network on the USB power line, even tried a battery bank, and I did not see any improvement. So I would say do not bother :)

Last edited:
It looks like I bought a defective Modi. Oh I started the warranty return process but still wonder what's wrong. Of the 3 inputs I can only get the Toslink optical cable to work. When I try to use the rca or usb inputs I just get the most horrible sound ever heard almost like 1000 cats fighting in the same room ! Any idea what could cause that oh I tried 2 different cd transports and 2 different DVD players and the toslink worked fine but the usb was a no go. Any ideas ?

I would like to replace the large silver electrolitic in the picture but before I go forward I wolud like to know how large it is but I can't make sense of the printing on it.

FP
88 Cm
391 6.3

Anyone know how to decode that or should I just remove it and measure the capacitence ?

Hello.
Has anyone done mods in Jotunheim 2?
I don't think anything about mods on Jot.
I would like to know if I could have gained better in the exchange of caps, but I don't even know which ones are sound output, or which others I could play with.
I'm looking at Google to see if I can find someone who has already done something on Jot, even for fun, I like the schiit way of being I don't mind switching to another better device.
Schiit-Jotunheim-2-IMG_4982.jpg

looks to be DC coupled on the output, so no output caps. also, dont take this the wrong way, but if you cant identify the output section and see there are no output caps, I would not recommend you attempt modding a discrete output stage; since its more likely you will make things worse.

Last edited:
I must then focus my efforts on Dac as well as many here have done, my Dac SU8 V2 can receive better caps it has good internal space for mods, I just don't know where to start.

I made some images here if anyone can help with suggestion of what to change, take this as fun, I have no intention of getting a new dac, but rather have fun seeing where I can go with this current dac changing the caps etc.

6ZCD4G99B_oVxxj8t52k0eoYZaTp-B-Cm14TegeCHHDgJykh56GXMMWTc4v12dW9j89NGsfByC72hk3XG7SCnsp1_AQ43in1o3R8a1blbjSfQo_HNbywF3Os5MEQ_GeSzqHjHyzwvgLeGEwKABHzb0h42IJLE49KXx_RRlIWPlio_PwmWyiW_uetlp4es41gnXVv4zVM3-Yr0gFFjlJ3ekju5PbzkA89Yk874d9p5LI5V_PtiXPALBoJQeVZS5yLeajTEtlilChh8DC02LRbrzKcTuLxy2WeI6SfR8TkkVLdpeTm1xbBhwy4Mm7VAQuLTJm5kWHx0JPISn6Vo0r0oUDQtZitTQ52X-U03dR8r-rSwKiqiXi3eeav0qkxxdY7Qh3_QtYsky_VXZ55uztrnHCGPf8C_TZLvMZAUbo8FhWZPa9u1T3IiLi4Ha7rtkCk1rBpCmb2PnjCSlr9v_pDt5m5MHtfNBjvnnoPO5sCZkXgqEdkpqeP6kK9BJ5OtWPZN8LGb7MWrCIcW_vY-aKZQLOTBfCfq0-Ec97yBRN391IDsc9LkGopo7G7Omb1Y9rRt3wsV7wCvVeDhCVg4j5c8nhH_A2yxIrD2xcUBLESOShdc65bZkyYu8Tt92WGk5Iam6DKme0hKbtc_LAhfiGe5AEQ4rcfkX2H4vSoOOKlNlwgfuMwPg4ElRk2WxvtLjV7ABD4JIZ_4Xk-wdOfkUS3bdOEjg=w3078-h1734-no