New Async XMOS 384K/32bit with PCM5102 DAC on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What about Win8 drivers.I can´t get work first post´s drivers.I have tried place a compatibility mode to Win7 and disabling digital signature verification.The evaluation version of the Thesycon USB Driver is working fine,but offcourse with periodically beeps.

Also want to try out different digital filter settings especially IIR mode.Any idea,how to change settings in this board?

I was looking the exact one as shaocaholica, and the only thing i could find referring to this dac is here. So forgive me for asking the same question. Does anyone has any idea if this one is worth it? I sent him a message asking about the specs, but I doubt he'll be any informative. As far as I know XMOS is asynchronized but my knowledge is limited:)

Ciao Ghiglie

Thanks for following the project! It's changing as it goes but I have pretty much decided on the following:

PCM5012A DAC Board (obviously!)
$T2eC16dHJHQFFhiC9KtVBSIei,m(yw~~60_3.JPG

Raspyfi
RaspyFi - Pi never sounded so good!

Regulator Board
4.17uV Ultralow noise DAC power supply regulator (3.3V/5V 1A)x2 (+-12V/15V 1A)x1 - DIYINHK
17uv-ultralow-noise-dac-power-supply-regulator-33v55v-1ax4.jpg

Toroidal 230v - 2 x 6v AC transformer
Toroidal 230V Mains Transformer 15VA 0 6V 0 6V | eBay
$(KGrHqV,!nsFCrWfq0ElBQ-UQUoE0!~~60_35.JPG

And an ebay aluminum box yet to be ordered based on what size all the boards come to when I connect it up.

I think that should do it and with the option of installing a 2.5" external drive in the box I can have my entire collection, DAC & power supply in one little box.

This box looks like a good option with IEC and power switch. You would need to modify the rear panel holes possible.
2806 2 Aluminum DAC Enclosure DAC Box Case Suitable DAC7 DAC9 ES9018DAC 1541 | eBay
$(KGrHqZ,!rYFG1iISsbLBR1v4thjc!~~60_3.JPG

First time poster here...Hi everyone! , great project!! hows it going?? good stable build??

cheers Kerry

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i was mistaken. the output of the dac goes to the input of tda1308. still, the rca + is connected to the same trace....

above picture is for iir mod. cut the trace leading out of pin 11 first.

Dear PreSapian,

Just cut the old trace of Pin11 and wire Pin 11 to the left side of C49, am I correct? No need to pull out any Capacitor or Resistor right? and What is the purpose of this mod?

Leaf Audio XMOS 384 k DAC

Hi,

I got mine today and tried it out. It was a big disappointment because it has pops and crackles at 96 kHz sometimes at 44k. I changed the USB cables but always the same. My other XMOS DAC (iBasso D7) had never any pops or crackles regardless which kind of files up to 192 kHz.

So, any ideas how to fix it? Dust bin and better buying something with more quality?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.