Digital Crossover/DSP for active speaker with analog and digital input?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello this is Daniel from germany.
For a diy 2-way active speaker project i need an solution for the active crossover.

I would like to build the crossover/dsp into the speaker, so that the speakers work with different preamps.

The features i like to have are:
- digital and analog input
- resolution of 96khz minimum
- IIR and FIR filter possible
- balanced out -> my poweramps have balanced in

Is there some product fitting these requirements?
I thought of the mini sharc at first but it does not support 96khz...

Thank you and best regards

Daniel

Joined 2010
Paid Member
miniDSP is planning to release a 96kHz plugin for the miniSHARC (however no release date yet). Obviously the higher fs will limit the frequency resolution of the FIR filter stage though, but for two output channels it schould be OK.

Have you seen the new PWR-ICE125 plate amp from miniDSP? It runs with 96kHz samplerate and will also support FIR in the upcoming plugin release. Of course you wouldn't need your amps then (the ICEpower modules are known to perform very well) :eek: What I really like is the configuration via WLAN/WIFI (the latter probably through a WIFI router).

Best regards, Daniel (too :))

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hello Daniel,

the Najda Boards could be an alternative, have a look here. However I didn't follow the thread and don't have detailed info about the actual features (AFAIK IIR + FIR and user selectable Fs 48+96+192kHz).

BTW: the 96kHz plugin for the miniSHARC is going to be released quite soon! See here ;)

Best regards, Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.