My new miniDSP 2x4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got the miniDSP 2x4 yesterday but when I went to hook it up I ran into a problem. I want the miniDSP to work with all sources so I thought I would put it between the preamp and amp. I have a Marantz SR 6005 which has Pre-Out but I'm not sure about the Main-in for the amp. And it doesn't have a tape monitor loop either. Any ideas?

I just got the miniDSP 2x4 yesterday but when I went to hook it up I ran into a problem. I want the miniDSP to work with all sources so I thought I would put it between the preamp and amp. I have a Marantz SR 6005 which has Pre-Out but I'm not sure about the Main-in for the amp. And it doesn't have a tape monitor loop either. Any ideas?

The input/output list specifically shows that it doesn't have a main in. I am afraid you might be out of luck.

I did notice that if you look at the back of the receiver that the picture of the back of the receiver that there is a place just above the preamp out and to the left where it says "7.2 Inputs". Could you put the MiniDSP between the preamp out and the 7.2 inputs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.