Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

A NOS 192/24 DAC with the PCM1794 (and WaveIO USB input)
A NOS 192/24 DAC with the PCM1794 (and WaveIO USB input)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM   #8511
smooth dancer is online now smooth dancer  Norway
diyAudio Member

I have ordered Accusilicon 338 clocks to replace the 318, which I’m using now. I don’t expect a big upgrade, but since the specs are a little bit better on the 338’s, who knows ?

Will report back, when they are up and running.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #8512
alexanderbax is offline alexanderbax
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrennwa View Post
Expect to be disappointed by the RPi direct I2S out, which has a pretty bad clock (it's not even a proper clock at all). A reclocker will fix this. Ians FiFo is great! It just works out of the box, and if used with good oscillators, the sound is very, very good!
Haha well based on my experience of the USB-out Im certainly not expecting anything great. The sound was so bad - it just lacked any life... plus there was popping all over the place.

That was my main concern about using the pi, even with the Fifopi and whether itll end up being a downgrade from my current HTPC which I built specifically as a transport via USB. But I would like to have the portability of the integrated streamer (and the pi will only be used as a renderer) so Im hoping the Fifopi and a clean PSU will at least equal my current HTPC USB out.
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #8513
Smartdriver is offline Smartdriver  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderbax View Post
.....Raspberry pi with FIFOpi attached (and Newclass D Neutron Star clock) .....
Very interested about this clock and how it will affect SQ, it is on my "todolist" as well
Are you buying 2 clocks or just one?

Cheers, Paulus
Old Today, 10:14 AM   #8514
alexanderbax is offline alexanderbax
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartdriver View Post
Are you buying 2 clocks or just one?

Cheers, Paulus
Just the 1 for the higher frequencies and then just using Jriver to upsample everything to 192k (highest output of the Dirac Audio Processor). Cant justify buying 2 of them
Old Today, 12:52 PM   #8515
NIXIE62 is offline NIXIE62  Serbia
diyAudio Member

@alexanderbax, did you check the DC offset on the headphone amplifier at the output?
  Reply to this post

A NOS 192/24 DAC with the PCM1794 (and WaveIO USB input)Hide this!Advertise here!