A NOS 192/24 DAC with the PCM1794 (and WaveIO USB input)

The Cinemags are ? Better, Less Expensive, Available ? Compared to the custom Sowter transformers that Deode has to sell with his kits?

Remember the Cinemags are wound 1:1 and the Sowters 1:2 (I think) - meaning the Sowters amplify the signal. In spite of these technical challenges Sowter managed to keep them very linear and low distortion AND great sounding (according to Doede) - and that "koster knapper" (Danish for expensive) Read more at DDDAC 1794 Output options

How to get the Cinemags? If you are based in Europe and don't want to have to deal with customs, etc, you can buy the Cinemags at Audio Creative (English)

All the best, Per

For more info about that, Bill Whitlock book at Chapter 4.2 it's an interesting reading
http://www.jensen-transformers.com/an/Audio Transformers Chapter.pdf

Interesting reading, thanks!

I use a Densen demag CD and sheffield degausssing CD to demagnitise the complete audio system periodically. After demagnitising the difference is clearly audible. This works also for all magnetisable components in your system as resisitors.
Also for running in new components this is a good CD ;)

You can also use a Furutech demagnetiser for loose components.

What do you think about it?
The last time I used it (more than 10 years ago) I got a very different sound from my system, but I didn't like the new sound, though. Maybe it was only very different from what I was used to. I never used it again.

Sorry, I may not comment on this anymore, otherwise I will be banned from this topic :D :D :D

But the demag CD also works for burning in all your DDDAC modifications.....................

Just mounted the Shinko 2w resistor to the I-V
Now i do not think i can get it much better...the sound is so great on this dac..i have newer listening to a better dac..it is so musical,,super height and wide sound..a feeling that the music is alive..
never tired for the ears..(.important for me)...sit and listening to good music i just forget about the speaker ,amp and so on....this is just what music is about

is this dac so the best on all point ?`...maybe not,,i have dac who in small array may have better bas,,,more punch.....but the overall sound in this Doede dac,,is in another league..
I really love this dac ^^^^^

next step is a better computer ,,so i can use windows 7 or 8

Best Bjarne

Just mounted the Shinko 2w resistor to the I-V
Now i do not think i can get it much better...the sound is so great on this dac..i have newer listening to a better dac..it is so musical,,super height and wide sound..a feeling that the music is alive..
never tired for the ears..(.important for me)...sit and listening to good music i just forget about the speaker ,amp and so on....this is just what music is about

is this dac so the best on all point ?`...maybe not,,i have dac who in small array may have better bas,,,more punch.....but the overall sound in this Doede dac,,is in another league..
I really love this dac ^^^^^

next step is a better computer ,,so i can use windows 7 or 8

Best Bjarne

Why not try an alix or raspberry pi, low cost but super sound! Can be controlled with clients running on windows pc, ios and android.

Better use R2D2, and it does everything for you :D

No kidding, Macbook Air with Amarra and/or Audirvana Plus works great.

Still I am using only one deck, hoping Santa will be nice to me, (it still is crisis....)

The output transformers from cinemag were the best upgrade! They lifted the DDDAC to an even more stunning level.

Last edited:
Hi Ss!
Data, LR, and Bck should work. Don't forget to connect ground to H4......and put 3.5 to 5Volts on pin 5 of the bigger connector, next to the Ufl's. This is what the isolator needs to get working!
Ed

Erm.... I thought the WaveIO 10 pin header was the isolated out, (which needs to be powered), and the Ufl connectors are not isolated. So not sure you need to be concerned about providing voltage for the isolator if using the Ufl outputs......