Drive NOS AD1865/62,PCM1704/02/63,TDA1541 from FIFO: Universal I2S-PCM driver board

now 26

TV Man x 2
merlin el mago
rtd
jameshillj
erin
Nikola Krivorov x 3
Rupor54
vitalica
analog_sa
andrea_mori x 5
dsavitsk
tagheuer
hirez69 x 2
ccliu
BDL
cddumat
regal
zoran
Jogi

although I am not quite sure how to implement it in my dac, I would give it a try...

Hi Vzs, Hi zinsula

Thank you so much for accepting my invitation to evaluate the daughter board. Shipped today. You should receive them in ten days. I’m looking forward to your good news, as well as fixing the bugsJ.

Ian
Hi Ian, today I finally received the board.

Actually it stayed at the local postal office for more than 2 weeks :confused: but they couldn't give an explanation why haven't sent me a notification before.

Anyway, I will start integrating it into my system and will get back soon hopefully with good news.

Thanks, Zsolt

Hi Ian, today I finally received the board.

Actually it stayed at the local postal office for more than 2 weeks :confused: but they couldn't give an explanation why haven't sent me a notification before.

Anyway, I will start integrating it into my system and will get back soon hopefully with good news.

Thanks, Zsolt

Glad you got it finally. I thought you took vacation:D.
Please let me know for any support, as well as any bug :). Looking forward to your good news.

Ian

Glad you got it finally. I thought you took vacation:D.
Please let me know for any support, as well as any bug :). Looking forward to your good news.

Ian
I can finally report that the PCM board is working wonderfully with my AD1865 DAC.
I tested the continuous and stopped bit clock modes and both are working nicely, so I'm using the later. No leading "warm up" clock is required for AD1865. I will come back with some pictures in the next few days, now I'm busy enjoying some music.

Thank you,
Zsolt

I can finally report that the PCM board is working wonderfully with my AD1865 DAC.
I tested the continuous and stopped bit clock modes and both are working nicely, so I'm using the later. No leading "warm up" clock is required for AD1865. I will come back with some pictures in the next few days, now I'm busy enjoying some music.

Thank you,
Zsolt

Hi Zsolt,
how are you driving the convertor board?
what MCLK are you using?
Andrea

I'm using a SPDIF receiver based on CS8416 and a Squeezebox Touch as a source. I tested the converter board with all sample rates from 44.1Khz to 192Khz and can say it worked without problems. Unfortunately I cannot test it yet with 384Khz, but have in plans to buy the Amanero board.
For this proof of work testing I was using the stock clocks but will change the 22.5792Mhz to a Crystek cchd-957 in a minute. I cannot say any thoughts about quality or such as I didn't have time to do extensive listening.

I'm using a passive 200Ohm // 10nF as I/V and a SE Jfet preamp with a Jfet buffer after. I the next few days I will switch these to a Pass D1.

Since most of my music are CD ripped flac I will offline oversample them by 4x with SoX once I know what filter setting is best for me so will have some fun trying them out.

Zsolt

I'm using a SPDIF receiver based on CS8416 and a Squeezebox Touch as a source. I tested the converter board with all sample rates from 44.1Khz to 192Khz and can say it worked without problems. Unfortunately I cannot test it yet with 384Khz, but have in plans to buy the Amanero board.
For this proof of work testing I was using the stock clocks but will change the 22.5792Mhz to a Crystek cchd-957 in a minute. I cannot say any thoughts about quality or such as I didn't have time to do extensive listening.

I'm using a passive 200Ohm // 10nF as I/V and a SE Jfet preamp with a Jfet buffer after. I the next few days I will switch these to a Pass D1.

Since most of my music are CD ripped flac I will offline oversample them by 4x with SoX once I know what filter setting is best for me so will have some fun trying them out.

Zsolt

Thank you for your good news on evaluation the PCM daughter board. Congratulations! Looking forward for your future progress and your pictures.

Have a great weekend.

Ian

vzs;3254506 Since most of my music are CD ripped flac I will offline oversample them by 4x with SoX once I know what filter setting is best for me so will have some fun trying them out. Zsolt[/QUOTE said:
Are you usig the sox foobar plugin? That seems the only option for on the fly oversampling with a PC, the Mac possibly I believe has a better option.