DSP Xover project (part 2)

I just fired up NUC after about 6 years(!). I noticed that the output graph is not viewable simultaneously with the Channel Processing window. So, one has to toggle between these tabs while you tune. I don't recall if it was always like this, but it seems like an improvement may be had by either making more than one tab viewable or by detaching the graph and making a floating window, such that changes can be observed while tuning.

Good day,

NUC 1.1.5 was made available in August last year. :)

It's a maintenance release fixing bugs and also contains the most current version of USB drivers. The graph utility was updated - hopefully that's going to fix the issues that some of you have noticed with measured data.

Cheers,

Nick

So, one has to toggle between these tabs while you tune.

I don’t know any other way. But when I alter settings I mesure and remesure with REW and get a realtime picture of the total result.

I manualy insert REWs sugested IIR filter settings. I let REW calculate with altarnative parameters like 1, 2 or 3db flatnes. This helpd to find filters that loud Najdas posessor within its limits.

Sorry typos - iPhone and my fingers

I trust that this is what was fixed in the latest version.

There has been promises for a lot of new features. But at some point the development stopped.

I think that a good product like Najda need serious founding to be able to develop and produce new versions.

I think that there is still a window open but time is getting short as there is no new units in production.

There is not much competition with the boxed verion that can fit any family bookshelf and still satisfy the diy spirit.

Nicolas we are missing you

Dear all

It was published in Luxembourg newspapers few days ago, it seems that Nicolas has disappeared somewhere in Bolivia during the motorbike roadtrip in Latin America he started in April.RTL Today - Disappeared abroad: New information reveals Luxembourger Nicolas Holzem entered Bolivia

Let's keep hope and all our thoughts to his family. Nicolas is a great guy and a great engineer, and I was delighted to share a couple of beers with him in Luxembourg.

Friendly wishes
Jean-Louis

Reactions: 1 user
Rainair;5931933 said:

Hi Rainair

thanks for the link. I already followed this project but it's not my cup of tea. The Najda offers more flexibility and I like this :)
Other sugegstions, aside this link... anyone has experience with Mini-DSP and can describe how it compares to the Najda?

BR, Joao

I am shocked and sad to hear about this. I hope that he is well and manages to be safely reunited with his family and friends.

Dear all

It was published in Luxembourg newspapers few days ago, it seems that Nicolas has disappeared somewhere in Bolivia during the motorbike roadtrip in Latin America he started in April.RTL Today - Disappeared abroad: New information reveals Luxembourger Nicolas Holzem entered Bolivia

Let's keep hope and all our thoughts to his family. Nicolas is a great guy and a great engineer, and I was delighted to share a couple of beers with him in Luxembourg.

Friendly wishes
Jean-Louis

Hi Rainair
anyone has experience with Mini-DSP

I had miniDSP 2x4 (not HD) before Najda. Najda is a complete preamp DSP solution that your family can learn to use. Maybe you can understand why this is important.
But I can not really complain about anything with miniDSP.
The 2x4 line is ok if you have passive or active 2-way speakers. If you need more channels then there is the 4x10, 2x8, etc.
But all boxes have good features and at the same time they lack critical features. So I can not say witch box to buy instead if Najda.

As I like to get into developing FIR filters I don't think I will buy miniDSP products. The computing power of a PC computer is much cheaper. And I already use jRiver so I get the convolution engine there. So I only need to buy a multi channel USB DAC.
Till then I can develop FIR filter to correct room and phase and convolve them with jRiver. And use NajdaIIR for speaker driver linearisation, time alignment and xo.

Attachments

• JBL SP2.jpg
    JBL SP2.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 344