What CD players used the TDA1541A DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jean-paul said:
Make one yourself !
It's part of a big program that allows ordering parts, parts and part number info per device, repair tips and much more.
But it’s only for consumer electronics. No high-end stuff in there.
It's not free, I pay for it on a monthly bases.
It serves me well, if I can repair one or two TV’s per month with the 'tips and tricks' provided it pays itself back.
I'm happy to share the knowledge with other members if the opportunity is there.

/Hugo

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
TDA's without A were used in older cdplayers like Philips CD670 etc. CD40 has an A version IIRC. Seen so many cdplayers that some are forgotten by me.

Maybe you know but TDA1541 can be replaced by TDA1541A, preferably when you change the SAA7220P/A for SAA7220P/B too.
And there was a cap that had something to do with it but I have to dig for that info.

Edit: A version needs a 470 pF cap between pins 16 and 17 of the TDA. TDA1541 had the cap for the oscillator internally.

jean-paul said:
TDA's without A were used in older cdplayers like Philips CD670 etc. CD40 has an A version IIRC. Seen so many cdplayers that some are forgotten by me.

Maybe you know but TDA1541 can be replaced by TDA1541A, preferably when you change the SAA7220P/A for SAA7220P/B too.
I know the A "goes with" the B, and the non-A with tha A

but what happens if I replace the TDA, and not the SAA?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Don't know that, maybe it works. I always changed them together and added the styroflex cap AFAIK. This was some time ago so maybe another member can correct me on this one. Made the mistake earlier to think that they don't work together. Rbroer corrected me on that. Maybe you can search for his response.

I know for sure that A sounds a lot better than its predecessor. Just as SAA7220P/B is the better one. I only recently found out that there exists a SAA7220P/C too that was designed for digital radio.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Some info why P/B is better than P/A:

Attachments

• saa7220-00a.png
    saa7220-00a.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 3,317
jean-paul said:
Don't know that, maybe it works. I always changed them together and added the styroflex cap AFAIK. This was some time ago so maybe another member can correct me on this one. Made the mistake earlier to think that they don't work together. Rbroer corrected me on that. Maybe you can search for his response.

I know for sure that A sounds a lot better than its predecessor. Just as SAA7220P/B is the better one. I only recently found out that there exists a SAA7220P/C too that was designed for digital radio.

And does the SAA7220P/B produce less garbage on the power supply? ;)

Yep, I just saw that the C exists, while looking for the datasheet (4Mb, ouch)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.