Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Quick question for Ian.

I am working on getting a very high spec XO clock 45 and 49 MHz series (for these frequencies -115dBc at 10Hz) but need to define the OE pin. Now the OE pin will enable the output at logic HIGH or pull it Low when the OE pin goes LOW.... So, this XO will not be able to do a tri-state output. Hence I assume this will not work with the Q2 version FIFOPI ? But will on the Q3?

Correct ?

Alternatively I can leave pin 1 floating

What would you suggest for the FIFOPI Ian ?

I see Ian stopped posting anything since his last post Oct 1st :confused: before that daily posts almost. Anything wrong?

Good to see you're back Ian,

could you please answer my question I posted before? that would be great

thanks

ps: which was:

Quick question for Ian.

I am working on getting a very high spec XO clock 45 and 49 MHz series (for these frequencies -115dBc at 10Hz) but need to define the OE pin. Now the OE pin will enable the output at logic HIGH or pull it Low when the OE pin goes LOW.... So, this XO will not be able to do a tri-state output. Hence I assume this will not work with the Q2 version FIFOPI ? But will on the Q3?

Correct ?

Alternatively I can leave pin 1 floating

What would you suggest for the FIFOPI Ian ?

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Hi Ian,
Will we have the chance to solve some problems at the source with Iancanada made new Pi board somedays as Allo did please? We know that the fifo helps a lot but is not a 100% proof isolating.
As Hanze Kroyne asked. any chance to see a futur improved i2stopcm board for tda1541 lovers or an usb to pcm board a la JLsounds with newest tricks about power supplies. Caps. etc ?
All that boards around a bad born Rpi for audio purpose is...something limited. That is true for all the people trying to make Rolls Royce around a vacum cleaner motor which is of course the Rpi while the R&R is all your good work ...as others, your not the only one of course. But as you have always an advance so I ask :)

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2020
I think I'm in for the StationPi just for the ingenuity alone. I just purchased an 8GB so I can have a 4GB RAM buffer. Should be easily justifiable.

I avoid proprietary RPi solutions (Allo) as software support is flaky or can get flaky over time. Now that the new Compute 4 module is out, your going to have to pour money into another new proprietary product? No thanks, I'll stick to open hardware / software.

So cheers to Ian for your hard work in releasing the final StationPi. It provides us with a option to isolate the RPi.

Last edited:
i have an early stationpi from Ian and i can say that it definitely works on my setup. I don't have a measuring equipment. This is just based on listening with and without the stationpi. with the stationpi, the sound is by far a lot cleaner, more 3d, more alive, more dynamic. I can say that it sounds closer to analog.. I cannot go back to rpi4 without the stationpi...
this is using rpi4, ians fifopi q3 with crystec clocks then spdif to primaluna evo 100 dac..