Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 09:38 PM   #6481
Oneminde is offline Oneminde  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimdim View Post
I don't see a way for this board to be used for audio. It's just a USB-to-GPIO "adapter" - no relation whatsoever to I2S.
Well, the I2S or DATA, BCK and LR which is the I2S signal package comes via the output pins. This will happen if you are using any SBC (Single board computer) or S/PDF, USB or Ethernet converter. FIFO_PI needs the I2S package and don't care what source it is.
So therefore, using the RTK.GPIO would work - but internal USB to I2S is simpler.
Old Today, 10:16 PM   #6482
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneminde View Post
Since I'm rather late to the party, what I bring up has probably been mentioned earlier. I know using a PC instead of a RPi has been mentioned and since the RPi has the unique GPIO interface which Ian is using for his products,
I wasn't sure how to interpret the use of a PC, you know, to fully bypass the RPi. So I found one.

Ryanteck RTk.GPIO

circa 12

Bring the world of physical computing to your PC or Mac by adding GPIO to your PC Or Mac with the Ryanteck RTk.GPIO!
The RTk.GPIO is a Plug & Play USB Device which adds 28 x Raspberry Pi style GPIO pins to your computer!

Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux this board allows you to add GPIO to your computer.
The RTK GPIO board allows you to connect the world of physical computing to you desktop PC or laptop.
The RTK GPIO board emulates the original Raspberry Pi 40-pin GPIO header allowing you to program for the Raspberry Pi on your computer.
The board is fully compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Linux and supports a range of programming languages such as Python, Java and also use with Scratch.

The Ryanteck RTk.GPIO Features:

- Adds 28 GPIO to your computer
- Powered over USB
- Compatible with Windows, Mac & Linux
- Ideal for learning about electronics using real-world inputs & outputs.
- Use it to control LEDs, Add a LCD display to your computer, control a robot or more! (Example projects require other components to create.)
- Compatible with most Raspberry Pi add-ons that use GPIO, this device is ideal to use with your exsisting add-ons, HATs or pHATs.
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8 & 10. OSX 10.11, macOS 10.12, Ubuntu 16.04, Raspbian & other major linux distributions

Ryanteck/RTK.GPIO at master * PiSupply/Ryanteck * GitHub

What I envision is to use something like Gigabyte GA-J3455N-D3H or Supermicro X11SAAand internally connect the RTK.GPIO directly to an empty USB port on the motherboard.
This together with Ian's Reclocker platform and Andrea Mori clocks should be among the better options out there.

Any comments ??????

(Supermicro X11SAA is what Innuos is using)
You can use a BridgePi to work with a PC as a Pi free application.
DocumentDownload/Adapters/BridgePi at master * iancanada/DocumentDownload * GitHub

Ian
Old Today, 10:27 PM   #6483
Oneminde is offline Oneminde  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Right... Amanero USB, should be fine for the I2S. Thanks for reminding me

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitterHide this!Advertise here!