Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to install the ReceiverPi DDC board.
My configuration should look like this:
1. RaspberryFree
2. Amanero USB Combo384
3. Receiver Pi DDC
4. Station Pi
5. FifoPi Q3
6. MonitorPi
7. TransportPiAES

First I want to connect my streamer with USB.
But I have a problem. I can not switch the ReceiverPi DDC to the USB input.
I have closed the pins 5-6 (J8), but nothing happens. MonitorPi shows "no signal".
Only the D8 LED is lit (Rasperry Pi as source).
Am I doing something wrong? Do I need the MonitorPiPro to switch the input?

Here's final Supercap box with shelf. There is a window in the bottom so you can put a layer of sound deadening material with a cover on it to protect the caps from touching any metal

IMG_2599.jpg
IMG_2604.jpg
IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2600.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
@iancanada Thanks, yes it is. That one has radiused edges and a window cut in the bottom. It will allow for some sound deadening material to be placed under the caps on the chassis without making contact. The bracket on top has it's own standoffs built in. I have 3 sets just like it plus one I want to test with spraying sound deadening on it. I can send you a set if you want. I have an extra one where the corners don't have a radius and it doesn't have a window in the bottom.

In a couple of weeks I'll have a chassis for up to three of these boxes and the complete Pi-less build. I still have to get some measurements right. I think I'll lay it out on some cardboard

Reactions: 1 users
I cannot find any 18650 cells with an internal resistance <6 mohm, most are 7-15 mohm.

As these cells will be used for 3.3 V (on PurePi II) and when adding an UCconditioner with the correct capacitors how much should I really worry about not meeting the recommended specs for the 18650 cells ?

Or does somebody found a suitable supplier that does < 6 mohm and available in Europe ?

I found Sony Murata US18650VTC5A for a good price (7-15 mohm)

Thank you :)

I cannot find any 18650 cells with an internal resistance <6 mohm, most are 7-15 mohm.

As these cells will be used for 3.3 V (on PurePi II) and when adding an UCconditioner with the correct capacitors how much should I really worry about not meeting the recommended specs for the 18650 cells ?

Or does somebody found a suitable supplier that does < 6 mohm and available in Europe ?

Not exactly what you want but I'll use this one.

https://www.123accu.nl/123accu-IFR1...500-mAh-Li-FePO4-123accu-huismerk-i34374.html

Last edited:

The customer review for this battery states that it has very low internal resistance. I don't know if the other specs are suitable for PurePi II though
https://www.nkon.nl/jgne-18650-1100mah-33a-lifepo4.html

The biggest advantage of batteries is that they avoid problems with common mode noise, ground loops in AC power distribution systems, unpleasant regulator dynamics, etc. There can even be unwanted coupling between between secondary windings in power transformers. Once all those things are well controlled, then batteries usually end up sounding worse.