Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th June 2019, 08:55 PM   #5011
tubo is offline tubo  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Hello all, does anyone have the manual for the fifo 1 and dual X0 1 boards? I couldn’t find it on ians github.

Please share with me the manuals if you have a copy. Thanks

Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 02:47 AM   #5012
diyAudio Member

I Found the manual

Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 06:38 PM   #5013
Rtop84 is offline Rtop84  Poland
diyAudio Member

@iancanada
I'm using McFIFO and after various experiment I add simple fiber link (based on HP receivers/transmitters and S/PDIF decoding to I2S) - it works great - there is no audible differences between transports ( computers, CDs) after using fiber isolation but this solution is limited to 192kHz, so I think that major key to good sound from computer setup is isolation (only complete isolation is fiber solution, ICs based isolation always have parasitic capacitance). Do you consider design and built ultra isolation for higher bitrate and for DSD : I2S->fiber->I2S->McFIFO ?
Old 29th June 2019, 07:32 PM   #5014
RushBattle is offline RushBattle  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushBattle View Post
Sorry, I don't mean to be a bother but I was hoping for some input on the above question. Perhaps I should have given less background.

"Does anyone know if I can hook up dual mono DAC hat via GPIO to FIFOPi, and still use the u.fl, and mute and gnd vias on the FIFOPi board to supply another DAC?"

Thanks for any help!

Third times a charm? Anybody know if this is possible?
Old 30th June 2019, 11:16 AM   #5015
diyiggy is offline diyiggy
diyAudio Member

Hi,

It s ok imo. I don't think there are logical gates which close one outputt when the other is connected first, it doesn't make sense btw. So it's surely stream at all the outputs but if a jumper forces you to choose between the gpio or the uf.l outputt.(reading the manual lets you know if such jumpers exist)
In the real world, I m not sure it s a good idea (for instance bi amp purpose), could create long ground loops and also a mismatch at impedances outputts, just the uf.l is 50 ohms proof... Gpio ???, while distance is very short between the gpio and its dac hat ( well the highest the clock frequency the morz difficult, you should stay on low speeds with old pcm chips).... At least theoricatly for this last!

Discussion is open, EEs will inputt if I'm wrong but your question is excellent indeed. Can we have a dual dac outputt with the fifopi hence not using the MCBOARD if just needing bi amp or dual rooms streaming.

Last edited by diyiggy; 30th June 2019 at 11:19 AM.
Old 5th July 2019, 03:15 PM   #5016
diyAudio Member

hi guys,

I have a fifo with spdif interface board and i need assistance on how to extend the input selector on the spdif board so i can mount the selector switches on the faceplate of the enclosure. the external control panel interface has header pins but i do not know what switches to use and how to implement it.

your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

tubo
Old 12th July 2019, 02:41 AM   #5017
rudra is online now rudra  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi

can someone please advise what is the mouser part number for the 90.3168 & 98.3040 clocks that can be used in FifoPi

Thanks!
Old 11th August 2019, 09:33 AM   #5018
ffeg2008 is offline ffeg2008
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

Did somebody try to play DSD512 files on ES9028Q2M Rpi DAC Hat?
When I started to play DSD512 file, it began to play, then paused, then began to play again. And so on to the end of the file.
The system is RPI 3 b+ , FiFo PI Ultimate, 90.3168 & 98.3040 TCXO clocks, ES9028Q2M Rpi DAC Hat, standard I/V board, Volumio image.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 11th August 2019, 10:57 AM   #5019
wealas is offline wealas
diyAudio Member

Rpi doesn't support DSD512 so Volumio is probably converting to PCM or DSD256 which probably puts too much strain on the CPU.
Old 11th August 2019, 01:58 PM   #5020
ffeg2008 is offline ffeg2008
diyAudio Member

It's from volumio.org site:

"Yes, finally DSD Direct is available on Volumio, your favourite audiophile music Player. The formats supported in the new Direct DSD mode are:

DSD64 (Single-rate DSD)
DSD128 (Double-rate DSD)
DSD256 (Quad-rate DSD)
DSD512 (Octuple-rate DSD)

Previously, DSD Playback in Volumio was only possible via DoP (DSD over PCM) mode, which was encapsulating DSD Audio into PCM samples. You can see DoP as a “compatibility mode” for non direct DSD capable DACs: files would still play, but losing the supposed advantages of DSD. Instead, direct DSD mode allows DSD Playback the way its meant to be played, on compatible DACs.

Direct DSD playback is available from version 2.163
If you have a direct DSD DAC, just select DoP off and Volumio will play your DSD files natively up to the resolution supported by your DAC"

So Volumio supports native DSD512 and ES9028Q2M also supports DSD512.

Any other suggestions please.

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitterHide this!Advertise here!