Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th September 2018, 05:21 AM   #4701
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty123 View Post
Anyone?
SLEN: J8 Pin19 on McFifo

Please see user's manual p3 for details.

Regards,
Ian
Old 30th September 2018, 01:26 PM   #4702
hellokitty123 is offline hellokitty123  United States
diyAudio Member

Whoops, I was looking on the wrong page :P Damn these busy days are getting to me.
I'm trying to make the MCfifo slave mode work with theIsolatorPI.
I've driven SLEN high and grounded XOSEL but no lock.
Is there a specific frequency the PI want to see from the divider?
Old 10th October 2018, 04:15 PM   #4703
lateboomer is offline lateboomer  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian,

I just come across this FIFO project the passed few days, and the tons of info to sieve through really overwhelms me and I am not technically savvy.

Anyway, hope someone can answer my few newbie questions. I have just ordered one AK4490 dac board from fellow diyer Mirand Audio which has i2s CMOS level v3.3, AES and bnc inputs.

1) To build the streamer for the dac, should I order one FIFO II + XO or McFIFO + McXO board, together with one spdif board?

2) Since I have both Odroid C2 and rpi 2B boards, could I get one isolatorPi to work with the FIFO board for both SBC?

3) If I use direct wires to connect between SBC's GPIO to FIFO board, do I still need the IsolatorPi board to provide isolation, since the hat is not direct connect to the sbc?

4) Instead of above FIFO board, could I use one isolatorPi and FiFoPi and also the spdif board together to output spdif or i2s to the dac?

Last edited by lateboomer; 10th October 2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 16th October 2018, 05:02 PM   #4704
syracuze is offline syracuze  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Power supply choices

I am putting together a new streamer based on Raspberry Pi (running Logitech Media Server and PiCorePlayer) -> McFIFO -> McDualXO (with Pulsar clocks)

What are the best practice power supply options to power the above 3 components in this setup?

I have seen the battery based solutions, but I would rather have something set and forget than deal with recharging of the batteries etc.

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitterHide this!Advertise here!