Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

I thought you were OK with statements not supported by measurements or evidence, but the answer to your question is "yes".

If you read what I've posted, I've not, to my recollection, framed any matters of opinion or personal experience as anything other than that. I don't claim access to the exclusive "truth" and I suspect you don't have that either.

There's no requirement for anybody in particular to assume that's relevant for them. I suspect there's value for some who might be further encouraged to doubt, as I do, the (to-me) unfounded, preposterous proposition that numbers tell the whole story.... and keep their minds open to hearing what currently isn't reported in DAC measurements. Don't believe me, find out for yourself if you are able to keep your mind and ears open to hearing what isn't yet validated in specifications.

Or, just believe the numbers tell you all you need to know.

Speaking of which, where's this study proving most audiophiles are averse to blind AB testing? Personally, I find value in it.

It is exactly the belief that the numbers from an AP analyzer tells the whole story that make people who believe in that 'one big idea' hedgehogs.

The fact that they don't find any value in subjective listening shows their inability to handle complexity, uncertainty, and sometimes conflicting information. Once again, its symptomatic of hedgehog thinking.

It is exactly the belief that the numbers from an AP analyzer tells the whole story that make people who believe in that 'one big idea' hedgehogs.

The fact that they don't find any value in subjective listening shows their inability to handle complexity, uncertainty, and sometimes conflicting information. Once again, its symptomatic of hedgehog thinking.

I can at least understand their intentions. It would certainly make life simpler.

Your opinion/belief is noted. Same goes for subjective perceptions. They are not hard to handle - the issue is not the complexity, and there is no uncertainty about the fact that just like a certain part of human anatomy, everyone has one.

I don't claim access to the exclusive "truth" and I suspect you don't have that either.

In some cases I do. If someone perceives that 2 + 2 is 5, or something that violates laws of physics, it is pretty clear that they are simply wrong.

Speaking of which, where's this study proving most audiophiles are averse to blind AB testing? Personally, I find value in it.

I suggest you do the experiment yourself, so you perceive it personally. Post on any audiophile forum about double-blind ABX (not just "blind AB"), and watch the reaction. Or just do a search on this forum for "double-blind ABX".

If I can't measure something then I will experiment to check audibility without any expectation of the outcome. Sometimes I find out something works, and other times I found out something doesn't work.

How convenient, you are in the right place, there is no other EE area where this methodology won't make you the laughing stock of the community.

I think that is exactly the point of Evenharmonics. If the value is in the eye of the beholder, what value does a subjective perception have to anyone else?
Bingo! :up:
I suspect there's value for some who might be further encouraged to doubt, as I do, the (to-me) unfounded, preposterous proposition that numbers tell the whole story
You know "D" in FUD stands for doubt. Spreading FUD is the primary tool of boutique audio shills.

.... and keep their minds open to hearing what currently isn't reported in DAC measurements. Don't believe me, find out for yourself if you are able to keep your mind and ears open to hearing what isn't yet validated in specifications.
The proper term for that (in bold) is "perceiving" because hearing would come after verification that it was actually heard.
Don't you think it's possible to value the perceptions of others? That's not the same as holding it as "truth".
Read post #6137 again. I pointed out who has the use for subjective impressions.

In some cases I do. If someone perceives that 2 + 2 is 5, or something that violates laws of physics, it is pretty clear that they are simply wrong.

I suggest you do the experiment yourself, so you perceive it personally. Post on any audiophile forum about double-blind ABX (not just "blind AB"), and watch the reaction. Or just do a search on this forum for "double-blind ABX".

How is that scientific? You said "most audiophiles" yet you are suggesting an informal observation of a set restricted to audiophiles who respond in a forum. It seems the context would provoke reactions from those who most feel their beliefs are being stepped on.

Think. That's all I ask.

You know "D" in FUD stands for doubt. Spreading FUD is the primary tool of boutique audio shills.

According to whom? And what makes someone a "boutique audio shill"? Does that mean they are a boutique shill who deals in audio?

The proper term for that (in bold) is "perceiving" because hearing would come after verification that it was actually heard.

Please explain your understanding of neurology and perception because it isn't matching mine. What faculty of the psyche verifies "what is actually heard" in your model? How does it differentiate from an imagined sound?

Read post #6137 again. I pointed out who has the use for subjective impressions.

Your argument is no stronger than it was first time I read it. You claim to speak for everyone and I find that, well, a bit arrogant.

Although someone sometimes thinks different
Can sound quality be measured? - CNET
it looks like all those who follows this thread are stupid audiophools.
They listen to music instead of measure!

This thread was started to fight the jitter in digital audio but now thanks to the Lord of the Blue Screen we know there is nothing to fight.

Ian, you wasted a lot of time.

And more than 6000 useless posts.

Oooops.. I forgot..
We now also know that the Blue Screen was not measured by the APx555 (below its noise floor) and was not detected in any double blind test, so it doesn't exist, just imagination.

I am formulating an idea here. Please take it in the spirit of friendship as intended...

I reckon we could come up with an equation to determine the probability of a thread erupting into circular objectivist verses subjectivist positive feedback. The variables included so far are as follows:

1. The closeness of the discussion to the known cutting edge.
2. The degree to which first order or direct effects (of the subject in question) are accepted as established/measurable/reliable.
3 The degree to which second order or indirect effects (of the subject in question) are known not to be established/measurable/reliable.

Anyone have some others?