Joined 2009
Paid Member

Attachments

• AudioDesign direct DSD no DAC.gif
    AudioDesign direct DSD no DAC.gif
    38.5 KB · Views: 273
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Update: I managed to switch the DSD channels and build up a new pin mapping for the DSD test firmware on WaveIO. Link is here. Reading the infos posted by dwjames above, now I understand the mess behind DSD pin mapping and why I was very convinced that previously released .bin file was a correct one... despite the fact that some of you reported channel swapping. :confused:
If need it, I'll link both firmware versions so you can have all the DSD 'versions' covered.
Till then, please test this new fw and report for any playback / channel issues.
Ah, and leave LEDs aside! I'm not done with it yet!
Kind regards,
L

Forgot to say something about actual PCM / DSD pin mapping:
I2S_BCLK = DSD_CLK
I2S_LRCK = DSD_DAC0
I2S_DATA = DSD_DAC1

Why don't you read back 2-3 pages??? or get the manual:)

"Forgot to say something about actual PCM / DSD pin mapping:
I2S_BCLK = DSD_CLK
I2S_LRCK = DSD_DAC0 =left
I2S_DATA = DSD_DAC1 =right

WaveIO | Luckit

Thank you danico but Lorien post was not so clear about channels. Attached pic to be sure where to get the channels, please reconfirm.

Attachments

• DSD PIN OUT.png
    DSD PIN OUT.png
    773.6 KB · Views: 264
@ Felipe: after all you had to unpack the archive before running the setup.exe file! I'm glad it worked after all so now I can say there are no more issues with 3.34 drivers that I'm aware off!

DSD pin mapping: I'm sorry for confusion but the DSD pin mapping is written close to the latest firmware release for your WaveIO cards.
Just go to Luckit | Audiophile grade DIY products @ Support tab and on the same line with test version you'll see:

(PCM / DSD pin mapping: I2S_BCLK = DSD_CLK / I2S_LRCK = DSD_DAC0 / I2S_DATA = DSD_DAC1)

I hope it helps,
L

Lorien - so happy to have ordered your board really amazing bang for buck :D

quick question regarding using a salas shunt for powering the waveio. As i have heard it is good to leave some headroom regarding the ccs so i plan to go for 650 mA.

Now I am wondering what the idle load consumption is to decide for the right shunt value.

In few moments I'll email Thesycon forwarding your picture and search for a solution as I don't have direct access to the meaning of those error codes.
It's sad for me knowing that you still have troubles as in this post you said is all okay (at least this is what I understand...). Can you tell me what version of Windows 7 are you running and which SP is installed?
Kind regards,
L

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I use Daphile player on USB stick (Linux).

Upgraded to W10 still problems, when I execute the drivers I see on W7 or W10 that WaveIO are installed, but when I connect Daphile the player don't recognise WaveIO, I open W7 or 10 and the USB port see unknown device and drivers not installed, attached pics W10.

Attachments

• W10 WAVEIO ERROR ADMINISTRADOR DISPOSITIVOS.png
    W10 WAVEIO ERROR ADMINISTRADOR DISPOSITIVOS.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 438
  • W10 WAVEIO OK.png
    W10 WAVEIO OK.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 433
  • W10 WAVEIO ERROR.png
    W10 WAVEIO ERROR.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 422