XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface

thank you for your input ENsen i appreciate, i seen that it was installed and it was an option to use among other installed drivers,for some reason at this point linux mint this time around does not seem to want to handle it, i will search why it's so opinionated at this moment in time to not recognize it .
thanks
regards
reo

the device shows in alsamixer.
usb is not a problem for getting 500Ma since i'm also using a external ps to power usb hub.
i'm too new to linux to know how to use the terminal and terminology in linux to find out if the sound codec is therer or not so , i will sit on it for a while ...
regards
reo

the device shows in alsamixer.
usb is not a problem for getting 500Ma since i'm also using a external ps to power usb hub.
i'm too new to linux to know how to use the terminal and terminology in linux to find out if the sound codec is therer or not so , i will sit on it for a while ...
regards
reo

i have also tried a alternative sound system also using a usb for output and it works so Luckit is not transmitting or is there just not a codec responding to luckit's driver :hypno2:

i have also tried a alternative sound system also using a usb for output and it works so Luckit is not transmitting or is there just not a codec responding to luckit's driver :hypno2:

peculiar observation.. i tried my cd installed Linux Mint without installing it on a SSD drive like the one installed now and it works fine so... so when instalation of the Mint system is installed., something is not either installed or needs to be integrated so i get sound. Will post again , if you have any inputs on this matter.... please tell :D

If the device shows in alsamixer then it is a config problem, certainly strange that the livecd version has different config to a fresh install though!!

Check that the device isn't muted also, its a bit odd but it happens more than enough to be worth a check (it also sometimes will change back to muted after a reboot and no other changes).

Have you tried different software players?

hi fellas
indeed i have backtracked so many a times , Wave recognizes everything and is locked up on the signal, there is no doubt about that., the speaker test mode is dead set to not activate my speakers. The speaker mute and un-mute scenario is the plausible cause to look at if i was a linux geek repair man :D i will leave it to the experts to point the right codec in the right direction.Tks. guys for the input .
Indeed tried most of the players and same result and same scenario showings.

On another note: Funny thing is that, with another sound system connected to linux she will operate if i use another stereo sound system setup using a normal usb output to this other dac without WaveI/O.,.... i must reconfirm by restting this setup and try to find things out and why this is .
reo cheers.

Just a quick check, in alsamixer you should get two vertical bars on screen. On the bottom of each bar, mine has an M 'mute' or '8' on its side the infinity sign, to unmute if mute shown, use the arrows and I believe the 'm' key, depends on the linux you are using, google mpdPup and it's in that thread, the store line may also work but no guarantees.
If you can see the M for sure it's muted, if it's locking I reckon this is where it's at, worth trying. To check on another Linux version, I can recommend mpdPup as wizards have been created to make install really simple.
Hope it goes well!

Drew.

Hi Lorien and all

I want to report on the outcome of this issue. This may have a bearing in the on going discussion.
The problem is traced to the operating system that is based on ubuntu 12.04 and i think there is driver conflict. I also experience the fact the LIVECD testing works well but the installed version do not.
I replace the ubuntu 12 derivative with a an older version , I installed the Linux mint 10 and has great sound and is stable over the last 2 days. No tweaking of command line needed.It works right after installation.
Audacious sound the best in linux mint.

cheers and want to thank Lorien for the helpful suggestions.

regards

kp93300

his
I have been enjoying the wave io for the past few monts and suddenly there is no sound last night.
The linux and window 7 OS both detected the LUCKIT usb audio device but no sound . I use the isolated output of the wave io to test on 2 dac that worked well before.

I am planning to test with the non isolated output.
I have a few questions

Any suggestions in troubleshooting and identify the cause of the failure?
The centre pin of the uFL is the live one ?
There is only one ground point in the dac i2s input and can i use the ground off any uFL socket ?
thanks for the help

kp93300

hi KP
have not had a chance to listen to it on this mint 13 version , but if i install the 10 version i will report back on this , and will try audacious instead of VLC or compare., and to also see if the SSD makes a difference., i doubt the SSD makes a difference in music, as long as there is enough memory banks in your pc that is where the music is processed before you get to listen to it . the more memory you have the more the (RAM) Random Access Memory) will store the information from the bits in the music are stored and ready for play., it's other factors that come in to play when comparing music sounds.,that's a whole different field.

By the way KP The Ufl cable is a + and ground cable . The + is the center pin and the housing is the ground . I presume you are using WaveI\o so this point is important if using the + and ground from Ufl cable from the master socket of the WaveI/O to reach out to the BuffaloII The R17 pin has a + and a return ground which will go to directly back to the housing of the Ufl of the master cable . That is just the connection schematic of how it is done , there is more info naturally...depends how you have your setup.

By the way if i'm using SSD it the future in storage facility, no more hard drive heating up , it's like a huge usb drive the write and read is proportionned to the quality of the components and chips installed on the SSD which makes it go real fast in comparisson to a HDD., either way i will report back if i install Mint 10 or wait for the Minters geeks to upgrade their missing information that the Mint 10 has .

regards
reo

Just a quick check, in alsamixer you should get two vertical bars on screen. On the bottom of each bar, mine has an M 'mute' or '8' on its side the infinity sign, to unmute if mute shown, use the arrows and I believe the 'm' key, depends on the linux you are using, google mpdPup and it's in that thread, the store line may also work but no guarantees.
If you can see the M for sure it's muted, if it's locking I reckon this is where it's at, worth trying. To check on another Linux version, I can recommend mpdPup as wizards have been created to make install really simple.
Hope it goes well!

Drew.

Not seeing any M in this version of Linux so for sure it's on another version. I will look to alternatives as time goes on
tks for your input it's been helpful in diagnosing ..
regards
reo

It was successfully tested on a desktop PC using NEC(now Renesas) USB 3.0 host controller. Didn't had the required amount of time to collect details but I've noticed that there's no difference between USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports on my motherboard. Also, I do not expect for WaveIO to work at USB 3.0 speeds because it simply can't :)
Kind regards,
L

It was successfully tested on a desktop PC using NEC(now Renesas) USB 3.0 host controller. Didn't had the required amount of time to collect details but I've noticed that there's no difference between USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports on my motherboard. Also, I do not expect for WaveIO to work at USB 3.0 speeds because it simply can't :)
Kind regards,
L

So technically it won't work with usb 3.0 but from your short period of time testing it, it works...?

Sorry if I wasn't so clearly! I've test it from curiosity... just to see if it's compatible with USB 3.0 ports (in my case based on Renesas controller): and it is! I've played few tracks for about 2-3 hours and after I saw (hear) that it's working properly I went back to assembly other WaveIOs. Time is not always on my side :)
Kind regards,
L

Sorry if I wasn't so clearly! I've test it from curiosity... just to see if it's compatible with USB 3.0 ports (in my case based on Renesas controller): and it is! I've played few tracks for about 2-3 hours and after I saw (hear) that it's working properly I went back to assembly other WaveIOs. Time is not always on my side :)
Kind regards,
L

Thanks Lorien for clarifying that. IMHO the board works well with usb 3.0 although without taking the full advantage of the new data speed just like any usb 1.1 devices that still supports ver. 2.0 and works well minus the new data speeds advantage.