Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface
XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th April 2019, 07:48 AM   #3211
bigpandahk is offline bigpandahk  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian

I understand that your SPDIF card is not compatible with the McFIFO, can I still use it if not playing DSD? Just connect via the I2S?
Old 17th November 2019, 12:20 PM   #3212
keith1962 is offline keith1962
diyAudio Member

Apologies for the really basic question that I am sure has been covered before but how do I update firmware/drivers on my WaveIO from the V3.34 that is currently running using either a W7 or W10 laptop?
KR
Keith.
Old 17th November 2019, 02:47 PM   #3213
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

It's not basic question at all since it's entirely my fault as long as the infos on this matter is thin, at best! Sorry about that!

First of all, drivers are (still) not freely available ... for now.
I can give you a PM with latest version if you want!
As for infos on how to upload a new firmware, link to the document is here. It's for a different board but the process is the same for WaveIO.
Default firmware is here while the updated one (for DSD) is here.

I hope it helps,
Lucian
Old 17th November 2019, 05:22 PM   #3214
diyAudio Member

H Lucian,
Thanks for the prompt response and I got the PM.
What is the best software to open the .bin driver files as W7 and W10 won't open them?
Will the DSD firmware update rather than the default one work on all of the boards?
KR
Keith.
Old 17th November 2019, 09:13 PM   #3215
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

Hello again Keith,
you do not need a specific software to open the .bin files! As you can see from the attached .pdf file, all you'll need is this:
1. remove the old driver form your PC or any other type of driver made by Thesycon.

2. install the latest driver pack I gave you
3. plug in your WaveIO and wait to be detected! If not then a restart may be required!
4. After your WaveIO is seen by your PC then you have download the .bin file using the link I gave you for the DSD option.
5. run "Revert_Factory.cmd" to make some room in Flash memory for the new firmware

6. Open "Audiokit WaveIO DFU" software and navigate to the bin you want to have in your WaveIO.
7. give it a run and wait to finish
8. done
Old 23rd November 2019, 10:06 AM   #3216
diyAudio Member

Thanks Lucian,
Updated driver pack installed successfully:-)
The .bin file is more troublesome as my laptop is asking if I want to open or save it and has no option to "run"?
KR
Keith
Old 23rd November 2019, 08:52 PM   #3217
NickD is offline NickD  Canada
diyAudio Member

Keith, have a look at post 2117 in this thread and see if that helps. i think you can start at point "E."
Old 25th November 2019, 07:30 PM   #3218
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

@ Keith: you do not have to double click on the .bin file! You just need to open the AudioKit WaveIO DFU software, click on browse and then navigate to that .bin file then click on start button.
Let me know if it works!
Old 5th December 2019, 12:03 PM   #3219
diyAudio Member

Finally had a bit of free time to try this.
Have installed the 4.67 drivers.
However, when I open the firmware upgrade window or the WaveIO control panel there is no device found. I have unplugged then replugged the usb cable but it does not find the device. My laptop is connected to the WaveIO via ethernet and SMS200 Ultra and then usb. The SMS operating system Eunhasu sees the WaveIO and music plays even though the WaveIO control panel finds no device so I can't upgrade the drivers.
KR
Keith.
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #3220
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

Quote:
My laptop is connected to the WaveIO via ethernet and SMS200 Ultra and then usb
just plug in your WaveIO directly to any free USB port of your PC and this trouble should disappear! When done you can go back and plug in your WaveIO to SMS200 Ultra.

XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interfaceHide this!Advertise here!