Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th September 2018, 09:15 AM   #3181
Extreme_Boky is offline Extreme_Boky
diyAudio Member

No.

But, see how DDDAC works; its "motherboard" does exactly what you need.
Old 11th September 2018, 11:49 AM   #3182
Speedysteve7 is offline Speedysteve7  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky View Post
No.

But, see how DDDAC works; its "motherboard" does exactly what you need.
Hehe, That's what I thought.

I'll have a look at DDDAC but assume it comes with a load of functionality I can't use.
Old 12th September 2018, 03:35 PM   #3183
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

As Nick said, WaveIO is USB to I2S / SPDIF only. No I2S to I2S or something like that! Even though I like Doede's approach on muxing I@S signals using logic gates, my advice is to use relays instead even though, both of the paths are requiring a bit of care in building them properly.
Old 15th September 2018, 06:54 PM   #3184
matt_garman is offline matt_garman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimdim View Post
As you probably know, Windows 10 now includes a native UAC2 driver so it's only a matter of time before Thesycon's driver is rendered obsolete, at least for anyone not needing multichannel or ASIO support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
5. Driver: If you'll acquire your WaveIO then you'll automatically get for free the latest driver release I have for it! Further versions are subject to a fee. This thing is not making me comfortable but I exposed my reasons few posts above.
I'm still a little confused on the driver situation. My wife got me a WaveIO board as a gift back in February, 2016. I've actually not used it until now. I don't think I ever got the driver (or if I did, I've since lost it).

Anyway, fast-forward to today. I'm using Windows 10 and the WaveIO board "just worked". Looks like, as DimDim suggested, it's the Microsoft-provided USB2 driver. ASIO also appears to work via ASIO4ALL v2 and the ASIO output in Foobar2000. I did have to pretty much max out the "Buffer Offset" ASIO4ALL setting to fix some crackling/static.

Is there any advantage to an actual XMOS or Thesycon driver?

Also, if I understand correctly, all this driver complexity goes away under Linux, correct?
Old 19th September 2018, 05:14 PM   #3185
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

Hello Matt,
I already emailed you so I hope you have the driver already! As the one tied to your order back in February 2016, I'm sure it was sourced since it's part of my standard procedure. Either way, every time you need the driver just let me know and I'll send it to you again.
Thesycon drivers: I'm fully thrust in their work. In fact, I never had any complains in 7 years of using them. As for Microsoft, my PC forced the 1803 update the other days and I already spent one week to "reverse it" back to 1709 and stay there due to various errors I encounter with 1803. Should I say more?
Linux: no driver needed!

Kind regards,
L
Old 8th November 2018, 02:19 AM   #3186
curentatu is offline curentatu  Romania
diyAudio Member

can anybody share an Xmos Driver for the Breeze DU-U8, one where you are able to modify the latency and buffer ?
Old 12th November 2018, 11:38 PM   #3187
curentatu is offline curentatu  Romania
diyAudio Member

i found one myself, enjoy:

https://mega.nz/#!8dwFmYSS!IGOWyTDta...2vhGvdf9y6KHHo

XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interfaceHide this!Advertise here!