Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface
XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2014, 10:35 AM   #2211
jrling is offline jrling  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.massimo View Post
2.24.0 works fine on my 0x0330 board.
That's good to hear.

Did you find any improvement in SQ compared to 2.23?

Cheers
Jonathan
Old 16th November 2014, 12:01 PM   #2212
m.massimo is offline m.massimo  Italy
diyAudio Member

Not listened carefully yet, just checked if it works.
Old 16th November 2014, 06:09 PM   #2213
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.massimo View Post
Not listened carefully yet, just checked if it works.
I also have the 0330 board and sorry to say the install failed (multiple times). I uninstalled 2.23 first and trying installing 2.24 with and without the WaveIO turned on.

It is failing right at the end. The dialogue says it is copying the CPanel App and fails to copy. But it copies everything before that successfully.

Never had any problems installing Thesycon drivers before with the same PC/WS2012R2.

Lorien - would appreciate help.

Many thanks
Jonathan
Old 17th November 2014, 07:15 AM   #2214
m.massimo is offline m.massimo  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrling View Post
I also have the 0330 board and sorry to say the install failed (multiple times). I uninstalled 2.23 first and trying installing 2.24 with and without the WaveIO turned on.
sorry to hear that. I followed this path, uninstall 2.23, reboot, install 2.24 with WaveIO turned on, reboot, I got no problem on 8.1.
Is it ok if you reinstall 2.23?
Old 17th November 2014, 08:06 AM   #2215
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

@ Jonathan: I guess there are some changes to the driver installation procedure as well, like it was some versions before this one...and, once again, I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to this. On my side I tried these drivers on Win Vista, 7 and 8.1. If there were some errors or issues I would contact Thesycon immediately and not release this version as I have no gain in running into this kind of cases like yours and put WaveIO users on troubles!
Below is a list of supported Windows OSes taken directly from one of Thesycon documents. They mention Server variants as well! Like Massimo said before me, I kindly ask you to try again and see if there are any changes. I have to make sure that this is a driver issue or my stupidity 'in action' (as I customized those drivers... at some extent). If, indeed there's a driver problem, I'll forward it to Thesycon and ask for a solution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Supported Windows OS.jpg (182.4 KB, 482 views)
Old 17th November 2014, 10:49 AM   #2216
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
@ Jonathan: I guess there are some changes to the driver installation procedure as well, like it was some versions before this one...and, once again, I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to this. On my side I tried these drivers on Win Vista, 7 and 8.1. If there were some errors or issues I would contact Thesycon immediately and not release this version as I have no gain in running into this kind of cases like yours and put WaveIO users on troubles!
Below is a list of supported Windows OSes taken directly from one of Thesycon documents. They mention Server variants as well! Like Massimo said before me, I kindly ask you to try again and see if there are any changes. I have to make sure that this is a driver issue or my stupidity 'in action' (as I customized those drivers... at some extent). If, indeed there's a driver problem, I'll forward it to Thesycon and ask for a solution.
Tried installing 2.23 back and that failed in the same way. Error copying WaveIOks.inf file. So it must be something in my 2012R2 set-up as I had 2.23 installed before.
Old 18th November 2014, 09:19 PM   #2217
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

Jonathan, I'll come back to you in the following days with a second version of this new driver.. the unpacked one... like all the variants up to v2.23. Maybe there's a problem related to that archive, who knows! It will take some time as I have to build it from scratch!
Meanwhile I'll search for advices to Thesycon...
Cheers,
L
Old 21st November 2014, 06:23 AM   #2218
siginitz is offline siginitz  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrling View Post
Tried installing 2.23 back and that failed in the same way. Error copying WaveIOks.inf file. So it must be something in my 2012R2 set-up as I had 2.23 installed before.
Hi,
I think you have a problem with win 2012 R2. I have version 2.24 in win 2012 R2 . It installed without problems and is working fine.
Regards
Sigi
Old 21st November 2014, 10:27 AM   #2219
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siginitz View Post
Hi,
I think you have a problem with win 2012 R2. I have version 2.24 in win 2012 R2 . It installed without problems and is working fine.
Regards
Sigi
Yes - I think so too. Strange though as I installed 2.23 before without issue, and haven't changed the set-up of 2012R2.

Have you noticed any SQ improvement with 2.24?

Jonathan
Old 22nd November 2014, 08:34 AM   #2220
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

@ Jonatha: you have PM.
Warm wishes,
L

XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interfaceHide this!Advertise here!