XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface

Example:
(note: 20 bit AD1862/PCM63/PCM1702: only 19 internal shift registers, not 20!)

Attachments

• AD1862ex.PNG
    AD1862ex.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
2.29 usb driver

As for everyone else who have latest WaveIO 2.29 drivers, do you faced any problems installing them? Especially those operating Windows 7 OS.
Thank you,
L[/QUOTE]

Hi all!

It is particular me facing problems with installing this new driver on W7 Ultimo.
Lorien suspecs the lack of a certain Windows update/fix.
I am, with my music computer , never on line and have done not any update, just a clean vanilla install.
Is somebody maybe aware of the Microsoft update number of this fix? Glad if there is some help.
Thank you in advance,
Ed

Hi Ed,

Why not upgrade freely on line a W7 pack 1 or upgrade freely to Windows 10 (if your environment is good to support W10 without drivers adaptation ? Notice you can dowgrade easily to W7 if it does not work.) : just put Windows Update option to pick online updates but without automatic installation )

V2.29 Driver

I just installed the new driver on my Win 8.1 Audio-PC. No problems, worked immediately. A difference in sound quality (if any) would likely be very small and difficult to perceive after the several minutes interruption due to the install process. Does anyone know, what Thesycon has changed in this driver and what should be the effect?

@ Ed Linssen: If you have still a virgin Win 7, without installed service packs and updates, I doubt very much that anybody could tell which update number (out of several hundreds) you need to successfully install the v2.29 driver. It's not even sure that your install problem has anything to to with a missing update. I suggest that you deinstall the old driver first, before you install the new one. You can also try to install an older driver, which previously worked for you (just to check if you are doing the install process correctly). What error message are you getting anyway and at what point does your installation fail?

2.29 and W7

Ed Linssen: If you have still a virgin Win 7, without installed service packs and updates, I doubt very much that anybody could tell which update number (out of several hundreds) you need to successfully install the v2.29 driver. It's not even sure that your install problem has anything to to with a missing update. I suggest that you deinstall the old driver first, before you install the new one. You can also try to install an older driver, which previously worked for you (just to check if you are doing the install process correctly). What error message are you getting anyway and at what point does your installation fail?[/QUOTE]

Hi Jarvis!

Error 52 is what they say; has to do with certificat as they write in the message. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13220/cat/all/limit/last7
Older drivers like 2.24, 2.26 work effortless! Tried a thousend ways of installing, but have to give up now.

Eldam,

Of course W 10 is an option, but since my setup is working fine s.q. wise with W7 I don't think it's my time jumping into the W10 adventure at this moment.
I want to move on, as possible for a few more months . Unless the new driver offersa worthwhile step up. But as long I can not try it myself, I have to rely on you guys!
So I wait and see.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Ed

Last edited:
Hello, is there any tweak that can reduce current consumption i.e. unsolder LDO dedicated to spdif, simillar to removing U11 FF ...

I have significant heat dissipation @300-400mA so it would be great if I can spare some mA ...

Sadly there's no way to reduce the power sink on WaveIO mainly because of the XMOS processor which eats most part of the current flow. The reclocking stage (Flip-Flop) of the SPDIF output circuitry does share the same power with the Master clock multiplexer + buffer so, basically, cutting that power will leave you with no main audio clock => no output signals from WaveIO (and some PC errors in certain cases).

@ Ed Linssen: I asked GlobalSign for solutions to your trouble and this is the answer I got:
We actually have an article about SHA256 compatibility here: https://support.globalsign.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1499561 Looking on the update for Windows 7 (footnote #20), you will still have to get SP1. Please see Affected Software on this link: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/3033929
Despite the fact that I really wanted you to keep your W7 installation "intact", you still have to install SP1 prior installing KB3035131 and then KB3033929. I'm sorry if this news does not help you too much in keeping your Win7 installation simple and minimal still, if you want, I can source you a copy of this 2.29 driver signed with old SHA1 certificate, just let me know... and UP TO the end of this year :cool: since from 2016 this SHA1 certificate will no longer be valid!
Kind regards,
Lucian

Edit: or, you can follow what Javin5 posted earlier! I don't know if that's work because I didn't try it (it's not my path to avoid or bypass certificates) but it's understandable in your case! Thank you Javin5 for pointing that out!

Last edited:
2.29 driver on W7 SP1

@ Ed Linssen: I asked GlobalSign for solutions to your trouble and this is the answer I got:
Despite the fact that I really wanted you to keep your W7 installation "intact", you still have to install SP1 prior installing KB3035131 and then KB3033929. I'm sorry if this news does not help you too much in keeping your Win7 installation simple and minimal still, if you want, I can source you a copy of this 2.29 driver signed with old SHA1 certificate, just let me know... and UP TO the end of this year :cool: since from 2016 this SHA1 certificate will no longer be valid!
Kind regards,
Lucian

Edit: or, you can follow what Javin5 posted earlier! I don't know if that's work because I didn't try it (it's not my path to avoid or bypass certificates) but it's understandable in your case! Thank you Javin5 for pointing that out!
[/QUOTE]

Lucian, you are my prince again!

I told my W7 was virgin, but I had to be more precise in telling my OS is including SP 1! It showed in the link in one of my former posts.
So, after installing the two needed ms updates, the 2.29 folded smoothly its digital intentions into my PC. W10 has to wait a little longer now.
Thank you for your (as always) taking time in finding the solution,

Ed.
p.s: No idea about SQ improvement at this moment, just wanted to share my happyness for now....

Lorien in silent because it's working on a new DSD firmware and meanwhile he have to test a new driver. So, instead of sourcing you 2.29 and then the latest one (whatever that will be), maybe you can be a bit more patient and have the truly latest driver I can offer at this moment.
Anyway, if you really need 2.29 then just let me know through PM and I'll source it asap.
Kind regards,
L