New owner of a used DCX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just picked up a used unit at a good price. wasn't there a lot of issues with
these units at first. code date on the one i purchased is 0303. i haven't
hooked it up yet so i don't know if there are any issues. this unit will be
used for live sound only (band). i have read all these stories about this and
that and modding.... makes we wonder if it was a bad purchase. another thing,
should i try updating the operating software or any other updates for the unit?

thanks
Scott

If you are using it in a live performance, I wouldn't bother modding anything. It is likely not the lowest grade device in the chain. A live performance is full of background noise. People are less concerned about freq response, imaging, and THD when hearing live; it's all about the experience.

In my view, the DCX is a decent all around product for the price, and works well out of the box. The mods discussed are just attempts to bring it up a notch in systems where it might be the lowest grade device.

ok, next question. i run 3 way in stereo, but i keep my subs in mono. so i am trying to combine my low signal to one low output on my DCX. do i accomplish this by summing the 2 low output channels?

Perhpas you have mis-stated your question. There are only 6 outputs.

Do you mean 2-way in stereo and a pair of subs in mono? There are pre-sets for this and it is explained in the manual. If you do not have the manual, then you can download it from Behringer. Defieitely, go through the examples to get a feel for the menus.

ok, next question. i run 3 way in stereo, but i keep my subs in mono. so i am trying to combine my low signal to one low output on my DCX. do i accomplish this by summing the 2 low output channels?

Right, there are a number of ways to do this, but functionally 1-2 are highs, 3-4 are mids, and 5 will be a sum of inputs 1 and 2. Just gotta play around with the interface until you find the right combination.

i may have. i have read through the manual a few times. i guess i need to sit down with the unit and play with it. in bi-amp with mono subwoofer it doesn't look like you can set your freq. or filters on sub. not sure. but i do think this is the way to stay stereo. i mean if i run as LL MM HH, sum channel 1 & 2 together and use channel 1 output only for the lows. now i believe my stereo signal coming in will have to be summed which turns mono. i don't know. could be pointless to run my system in stereo as i do already.

i may have. i have read through the manual a few times. i guess i need to sit down with the unit and play with it. in bi-amp with mono subwoofer it doesn't look like you can set your freq. or filters on sub. not sure. but i do think this is the way to stay stereo. i mean if i run as LL MM HH, sum channel 1 & 2 together and use channel 1 output only for the lows. now i believe my stereo signal coming in will have to be summed which turns mono. i don't know. could be pointless to run my system in stereo as i do already.

You can set one amp mono for sub, but you have to play around with the unit to get the hang of it. And you can definitely set the slope and x over point for mono sub. I ran my dcx like that for years.

You can set one amp mono for sub, but you have to play around with the unit to get the hang of it. And you can definitely set the slope and x over point for mono sub. I ran my dcx like that for years.

ah yes i see. i have been playing with the remote software on my computer. using the preset 2way with sub i can get what i want. the channels can't be out stereo linked tho.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.