SPDIF TO 5.1 CONVERTER

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi i am not familiar with audio processors. I want to know the answer for some questions....

Can i design my own SPDIF to 5.1 audio converter with only basic electronics knowledge...?

Is there any need of DSP processor(and program) to design the converter...?

Anybody have the experience with SPDIF to 5.1 converter.....?

I found lot of circuit design for SPDIF to STEREO converter, but i can not find a reliable circuit for 5.1 converter. Is it possible to convert the SPDIF to 5.1 Analog....?

Is it too complicated?

If you have any working circuit then please guide me to design my own converter.....:)

Thanks & regards
Udhay

Over the SPDIF you have only 2 practical ways to send 5.1 audio: DolbyDigital or DTS. Those are proprietary, compressed formats. There are also other options, used more in the PC "world", like AAC 5.1 or MPEG 5.1...
This is because SPDIF bandwidth cannot support uncompressed 5.1, only 2.0...

There are circuits that have incorporated those decoders and in their price there is included a license fee. Example. Is that accesible to a DIY? I would say NO because are usually in 120-144 pin capsules (require external memory connection).

Great news...... Uday. I should call it an achievement. even i was working hard to find one such kind of chip. but no success.

Can you share the details to us pls. like where in china did u procure? how did u procure? what is the price? any other thing like special license fees was incurred from you.

Eagerly waiting for the reply ... :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.