Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Build Thread - A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st January 2011, 04:23 PM   #181
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

yep, there is one spare, because I had actually changed it to 6 from 7 as there was a cancellation, but conrad have supplied me with it, guess they missed the email altering the order. i'll need to go back and check exactly what it costs. shipping to the US right? shoot me an email at qusp (at) optusnet (spot) com (spot) au and we'll work it out from there
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:11 PM   #182
Nikon1975 is offline Nikon1975  Austria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon1975 View Post
Owen,

About the transformer: do you think I can use the antek you recommended with 100 V of main voltage ?
I live in Japan now, but I will move to Europe in one year or so. If I need to have transformers 100-115-230 I have to make a custom order, and it's expensive.
I also found some 50 V secondary R-core, but maybe it's too high.

Thanks,

D.
Any input on this ?
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:21 PM   #183
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Davide,

I would say that you'll be fine running everything on 100VAC mains. Worst case, you'll need to drop your rails down a few volts to give the regs enough headroom, but going from 45VDC to 40VDC would not likely be audible.

Even if it is a little worse, it's only for a year, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 2nd February 2011, 02:12 PM   #184
Nikon1975 is offline Nikon1975  Austria
diyAudio Member

Thanks,

Davide
Old 10th February 2011, 09:48 AM   #185
merlin el mago is offline merlin el mago
diyAudio Member

Hey qusp,

Received today the heatsink

Thank you

Felipe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00021.jpg (613.1 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00022.jpg (439.8 KB, 614 views)
Old 10th February 2011, 05:44 PM   #186
richluvsound is offline richluvsound  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I would like to order the dac from Acko .

I can afford the AKD 12 and the AKC 12 to get me started . I already have I/V kit from Owen ..... What else will I need to budget for .....
heat sinks I have . PSU can wait till I have built and tested the above .

Advice please Gents ...?

regards ,Rich
Old 11th February 2011, 08:32 AM   #187
diyAudio Member

send me an email. I probably have the most experience with the ackodac. good choice BTW. there are a few ways you can go, best leave it to email though
Old 11th February 2011, 08:34 AM   #188
diyAudio Member

you cannot build and test without the PSU though, the ackodac has rather specific needs for power supply
Old 17th February 2011, 02:37 PM   #189
diyAudio Member

hi guys, thought i would post this here and will possibly follow up with an update via email. well i have just completed the rather tedious task of matching 100 mosfets for vds, made even more tedious because as i bought in pretty large amount from the same supplier, they are very tightly matched in each rail, with a small difference between each rail. i mean im talking measuring 20 devices in a sitting and getting the whole group within 3mv sometimes with nearly 10 in a row the same, great for the result, but omg i was going barmy last night, i just want this to be over so i can listen to my rig, tempted to find a quad for me first now but want the best one for me and it will be better out of more hehe.

anyway i'm going to keep going as i've got up a head of steam and will probably just stop at about 140, as looking at the numbers i cant see me needing all 170. then i'll move onto matching for transconductance, now i'm in a rhythm and have a bit of time on my hands it shouldnt take me long to have it all ready for you guys, then i'll start packaging them up, will see how many perfect quads i get and will maybe have a couple of different prices. once i've done a few for transconductance i'll have all the info i need to decide on a price.

anyway thats all, will be back with good news
Old 17th February 2011, 03:33 PM   #190
Horio is offline Horio  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the update qusp! You're hard work is definitely appreciated.

Build Thread - A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS DacHide this!Advertise here!