DAC gallery

OK, I'll bite. These two are almost old enough to vote:

tubedac_photo.jpg

4390dac_photo.jpg

I'm working on a new one these days. I'll post schematics and such later.

Sheldon

Reactions: 1 user
TP Buffalo32 with upgraded Paul Hynes regulation

P1000965.jpg

Monica3 with upgraded Paul Hynes regulation

mon32.jpg

Ezdac with Burson regs and PFM flea

bed84c8a.jpg

Some pics of dacs before being cased

Pedja Rogic AYA

f15fd40c.jpg

Lesha based dac with 6C45pi output stage

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

TDA1543 with optional asynchronous reclocker

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

OK, here's my DAC, it's my first build ever...
2x TDA1541A and CS8414, also 6C45 tube output

At my dad's desk

Completed DAC

I was only 16 when I built that :happy2:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
You see here my new finished Reference DAC Project.

• Custom made transformer on double C-Cores
  • +/- Power Supply Module with four voltage lines
  • Shunt regulator Modules for each voltage line (+5V, -5V, -15V, +5V)
  • TDA1541A NOS DAC Module with I2S input, DEM reclock circuit and I2S attenuator , cascadable !
  • Tube-I-zator output buffer Module

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
TwistedPearAudio Buffalo II Dac (ESS Sabre 9018)
Upgraded IVY III with Bulk Foils Resistors S102C from Texas Components

Attachments

• Seite.jpg
    Seite.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 4,146
  • Hinten.jpg
    Hinten.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 3,889
  • Foils.jpg
    Foils.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 4,033
  • Buffalo_II_LQ.jpg
    Buffalo_II_LQ.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 2,601
  • Oben_Offen_LQ.jpg
    Oben_Offen_LQ.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 2,331
1542 - 2 questions about your very nice case.

Where did you get the front panel knobs from? I'm finding it near impossible to find what I'm looking for.

And do you have any pictures of how you mounted the display? I'd like to do something similar but am unsure of the mechanics of fixing it to the front panel.

Thanks a lot.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Where did you get the front panel knobs from? I'm finding it near impossible to find what I'm looking for.
I get the panel knobs form a ebay seller named hongkongsuperseller (Item# 120495984706)

And do you have any pictures of how you mounted the display? I'd like to do something similar but am unsure of the mechanics of fixing it to the front panel.
For now there is no display assembled. I am still waiting for the controller / display announced by twistedpearaudio. What you see at the pictures is a piece of plexiglas with no display behind.

My Scott Nixon USBDKII, based on the TDA1543.

Simple but very good sounding unregulated power supply, integrated volume control (Alps 20k), Sedlbauer toroid transformer 30VA, Wima output caps and the very important Sanyo Oscon for TDA1543 decoupling ;-)

I really like the sound of this dac! It's dynamic and fast, lively, coherent and natural sounding with a remarkably controlled and tight bottom end. Very open and forward, but without being excessive in any area.
But I tested MANY different power supply designs and different output coupling caps before I threw all this into the case...

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 830
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 689
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 650