Buffalo II audio dropouts SPDIF/I2S noise ground problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I suffer audio dropouts ever few seconds in mine Buffalo II. The frequency of the dropouts often decreases the longer the unit is used. I suffered the same problem using the USB or SPDIF digital input. Possible will be due to noise on the SPDIF/I2S ground, how can solve the problem?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Sony Vaio, hi-Face 24/192, Buffalo II DAC , Borbely balanced lineamp, Borbely 75 W RMS class A mono power amps, Wilson Audio speakers.

I am powering the DAC with Salas V1.0 regulator with remote sensing, Tx R-Core 9V 30VA.

Now DAC is going with passive I/V resistor 200 ohms + 4.7uF decoupling cap in each phase.

Last edited:
I have experienced the problem also on other DACs when playing from PC / Mac..
On the Mac there was a "bug" and leaving one specific program open solved the most of the dropout problem..
Playing over ethernet was causing more problems, and playing over a wireless link even worse...
When I started to evaluate iTunes, Foobar, XXhighend, J.River etc.. I found that they all sounded different from the same sources - and non of them sounded good.
I ended up with using iTunes as the library and a SD card player as a superior solution in respect of audio quality with ZERO dropouts and constant good audio quality..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.