Hypex DSP module(s)

Thanks. I was trying to figure out how to reduce the dlcp instability I mentioned in post 1715. If I use an Analogue IN, dlcp is stable. I don't see the volume-does-not-change behaviour. The moment I use USB or spdif, I can see the issue within 5 mins to 2 hours. Ground loops are the first suspects.

The audio doesn't sound that great too btw (LX 521 speakers). I guess I will have to buy 1 more dlcp :(.

switch positions

I am trying to see what's going wrong with the dlcp system.
I believe these switches are correctly set, based on instructions in the DLCP manual.

Was wondering if an additional pair of eyes could look at it.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190402_205852 (1) (1).jpg
    IMG_20190402_205852 (1) (1).jpg
    995.1 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_20190402_205844 (1).jpg
    IMG_20190402_205844 (1).jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 435
I've been scratching my head on this.

If the DLCP takes impulse response instead of Freq. Resp. how do you measure a 3 way speaker without a true an-echoic chamber? It seems if I export impulse from another system, or use the internal measurement capabilities, I will have to cut off the impulse before I get low freq. data. Normally I would merge near and far to get pseudoanechoic in CLIO....

Also, what measurement systems can output impulse data in the single column format? I don't want to spend money until I know what works... My Clio system seems to export 3 columns of text....

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Does any one have info, does old PSC2.400 plate amplifiers with DSP/software work with win10 ?

I try to instal hypex software but during that proces I got some errors...but once finished instalation I can run DSP software, but I cant connect to PSC2.400

Last edited:
I would assume it's just the Hypex software that needs to be compatible with the OS. The module talks to the software.

Personally, I played with the DLCP and I've abandoned DSP as a crossover. Don't get me wrong, I love Hypex amplifiers, but their DSP is like putting 3 horrible dacs in the data stream. Any advantage of active crossovers is lost as soon as you use the low quality processing. I will go back to passive crossovers or start experimenting with analog active crossovers.

Personally, I played with the DLCP and I've abandoned DSP as a crossover. Don't get me wrong, I love Hypex amplifiers, but their DSP is like putting 3 horrible dacs in the data stream. Any advantage of active crossovers is lost as soon as you use the low quality processing.

Wow! Not my experience. I've been using the Fusion amps in some very high end builds and apart from a few idiosyncrasies they've performed brilliantly.