Hypex DSP module(s)

Hello,

I just tried with the onboard soundcard, but same problems. Do I need a extern soundcard?
I have also tried to import from holmimpulse a file as in post 1394 was explained, don't work, I could not see any file........
There is somehow the worm in it!

Christoph

Attachments

• Impulse.jpg
    Impulse.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 609
  • magnitude.jpg
    magnitude.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 607
I have a problem with DLCP. After installation in my loudspeakers and a few happy hours of listening suddenly it broke down.. I switched everything off yesterday evening and I went sleep. Today afternoon I switched in on again and... I suddenly heard loud buzzling screeching noise coming from one of Seas Excel channel! Membrane of this expensive driver in fraction of second was pushed out of the enclosure and than DC-protection in NCore module fortunately disconnected it right before any damage! But this was beginning of the problem. This failure is still present on CH2 outputs regardless of cabling, connectors, amplifiers used etc. This is with or without any input signal attached. It seems something is faulty inside of DLCP... What is more after disassembling, changing driver's assignment and putting it together again the same fault has occured on CH6 on the tweeter!!! I don't know if I didn't fried it up. I am affraid to swich it on again with any driver. DLCP normally operates in digital domain, it is recognizable in HFD, I can upload setting etc... Non-affected channels are playing (still) normally. Do you have an idea what it could be? How to check where is the problem? I have little access to any measurement gear... :(

Last edited:
On July 17th 2017 I posted that I had developed a housing solution
for the Hypex DLCP and the power supply, which I offered to other members.

Nobody was ever interested in this offer.

Instead I am being asked, by receiving emails from the DIY site, to
help in the repair of malfunctioning units.
It is practically impossible to do this over the internet.
I am an electrical engineer and would be able to find the problem
with my test equipment in a relatively short time.
Some of these problems require the unit to be sent back to Hypex.

So, sorry to those seeking hardware malfunction solutions, that I
will not attempt to offer any solutions and engage in lengthy back and forth's.

FRANZ

I'm currently planning a build using the DLCP (with the input and control boards) and 6 UcD amplifier modules. I'm also toying with the idea of building a Raspberry Pi into the enclosure to act as a Squeezebox player, and possibly also as the Squeezebox server.

However, whichever digital input I connect the RPi to (internally) on the DLCP will leave me without that option for an external source, because there's only one of each type of digital input. For example, if I connect the RPi to the S/PDIF input then I can't connect anything else via S/PDIF.

Except maybe USB. I understand that the USB input on the DLCP input board functions as both the control interface (for changing filter settings and updating firmware) and the USB audio interface. So if I connect the RPi USB audio to the USB input pins on J3 then I'll potentially lose the option to adjust the filters and update firmware via the USB socket on the input board.

So finally my question: Has anyone attempted to connect a USB hub to the USB pins on J3, so that more than one device can connect via USB? Obviously the ribbon cable (between the input board and the DLCP) would have to be adapted, but would it be feasible to include a small USB hub inside the enclosure, so that both the RPi and a control PC can be connected simultaneously? If that's possible, then potentially I'd also be able to connect another USB audio source externally, provided the RPi was powered off. Anyone tried this?

I might give it a go before finalising the faceplate design in that case - I was envisaging adding some buttons to control the Squeezebox player, using the same physical buttons as the DLCP control board but in a 'mirror image' configuration. I do favour the 'convenience' aspect, but not if it's going to compromise the sound.