Hypex DSP module(s)

I dont see any technical problems doing this, but it will require a lot of fiddeling to set your gain structure, crossovers and EQ.
Typically, bass channels require a lot of work to sound right, and it would be quite an advantage to work with your settings in the same software (filter designer)

As mentioned, a software update is in progress, and when the issues are sorted out, this will be a much more seamless solution to use two modules and dedictated amplication for all channels.

I dont see any technical problems doing this, but it will require a lot of fiddeling to set your gain structure, crossovers and EQ.
Typically, bass channels require a lot of work to sound right, and it would be quite an advantage to work with your settings in the same software (filter designer)

As mentioned, a software update is in progress, and when the issues are sorted out, this will be a much more seamless solution to use two modules and dedictated amplication for all channels.

I do see your point on the added complexity. The devil is in the details but i was hoping to set the first stage DLCP filter to simply pass the analog signal to the the PSC2 and exclusively work with its filter for bass.

The 2 module option just sounds like a more complicated system, as suggested by the software instability.

Is the suggested option worth pursuing. Hope someone from Hypex can comment as well.

Hope someone from Hypex can comment as well.
Hopefully they are too busy reprogramming the software ;)

You will still have to match the gain structure and XO between the DLCP and PSC. You will also introduce one more AD/DA Conversion and latency between bass channels and your mid/high. Delay/latency can be corrected through filter designer, but lets wait for Hypex respond on the update. I think a full 8 way DSP/DAC/Preamp setup is a way better solution considering ease of operation and SQ. Assembly of a two module DLCP is piece of cake.

Last edited:
Hopefully they are too busy reprogramming the software ;)

You will still have to match the gain structure and XO between the DLCP and PSC. You will also introduce one more AD/DA Conversion and latency between bass channels and your mid/high. Delay/latency can be corrected through filter designer, but lets wait for Hypex respond on the update. I think a full 8 way DSP/DAC/Preamp setup is a way better solution considering ease of operation and SQ. Assembly of a two module DLCP is piece of cake.

Jon, just responded to my first email. I hope he comments on this option too.
Yes good to have a software upgrade.

the 2x DLCP option is quite price effective as well. I could avoid the plates and just build an 8 ch amplifier using the modules.

Way easier.
We are several users here in Norway with two modules. Hypex is well informed about the software issues, so hopefully they will be sorted out through an update.
I subscribe to this thread, so I will try to answer any questions you have regarding hardware/software setup

Much appreciated Johan. I will read up on the 2x DLCP application to understand and hopefully the coming update will provide the required SW stability.

I may need some inputs on putting the amp modules together as well.

thanks
Joji

Is there any objective comparison between DLCP and MiniSharc solutions?

DLCP seems to require lesser integration to put together a full digital preamp.
minisharc needs several modules to be integrated well.
But any inputs on how they compare in terms of HW quality, raw processing horse power for XO application and most importantly the quality and performance of the algorithms?

Looks like a miniSharc based system can be put together for lesser cost compared to DLCP.

Couple of questions folks:

1. I need a dual DLCP solution. I understand one add-on card can be shared between them. How about the power supply, can a common DLCP SMPS be shared between two boards?

2. I heard on the forum that USB audio is limited to 16-bit. I primarily use USB audio so this is a bit of an issue. But i guess i can get one of the USB converters and connect via SPDIF / AES input
Has anyones implementation integrated say an Amenero like USB with DLCP?

Please comment.

Also wanted to note that the dual DLCP solution once stabilized in the new software release is pretty neat in that it doubles available processing resources which might come handy for FIR and future expansions.
This handy feature of DLCP isnt supported in other solutions like Najda and miniDSP

Sorry for bad language caused by autospell and fast typing on cell in the previous post. I meant making the move ;)

Actually the board have 12 outputs. 6 from each module

No problem, i did get what you meant to say.

Right now, SW instability of dual modules solution, non-ideal USB audio and overall expense are holding me back from getting this right away. The obvious pluses are performance from the dual boards, very easy integration, balanced outputs and good spec and quality.

Will get in touch with Hypex, but they seem really busy as responses are slow.