Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Hypex DSP module(s)
Hypex DSP module(s)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th August 2018, 06:24 AM   #1681
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Yes, it is a stupid error and should have been corrected for ages....

Their is no need for any regulation, the dlcp has 12 regulators onboard.

Mine runs very happy with a simple unregulated power supply ( rectifier/capacitor).
Old 31st August 2018, 04:24 PM   #1682
prasanthgn is offline prasanthgn  India
diyAudio Member

Default Drawing files for Pre-amp back panel

Hello,

I am considering a 2U case which has DLCP as a pre-amp. Its back panel would naturally have the Hypex Input board (with 4 xlr pair Inputs) and a set of 6 XLR male sockets.

Does any one have such a drawing available, which I could use for CNC? If yes, would be great to get a copy.

Similarly, I am considering a 2U case for Hypex Amps, which uses XLR female sockets for Signal In (6 or 8). I am planning to have 4 Speak-On connectors as Speaker out. Would be great if I could get a copy of this drawing as well, if available.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by prasanthgn; 31st August 2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: DLCP cannot have 8 channels. Changed 8 to 6
Old 31st August 2018, 10:01 PM   #1683
Subhash2016 is offline Subhash2016  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default Hypex drawings

You will find all drawings on Hypex website.
Old 1st September 2018, 02:29 AM   #1684
The Prof is offline The Prof  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

@ ds23man
Yes, such misleading 'info' ought to have been corrected, especially after Hypex started their diyclassD site and became a lot more "diy friendlier"! Hypex documents harbour many such traps (like vague conventions in naming pins, not clarifying the options available, lack of clear recommendations, to name a few) for the unwary builder.

I believe the DLCP utilises a set of buck/boost kind of converters to take care of the need for various voltages. In such cases theoretically you don't need much except the requisite average voltage and current. However, the question, as always with hobbyists, is exploring the last/least variations in search of improved sound. The dramatic improvement in sound quality as a result of using a good linear PSU for the DLCP was made by someody whom I respect as a 'responsible' DIYer, not given to the usual kneejerk reactions of many. That was the reason I proposed a detailed look into that. (And the last System option I thought of suggesting use linear PSUs.)

At the risk of being pulled up by the Moderators for "soapbox orataory" and philosophising, permit me to touch on a basic aspect:
Virtually all threads in this forum are oriented towards gleaning improved sound, whatever the means adopted. Theoretical requirements are one thing, but none of us has forgotten the many 'mods' that have contributed to an actual measurable and clearly audible improvement in quite a few situations. I am long enough in the tooth to have been familiar with 'big bottles' to the miniscule SMDs. How many triodes sound alike, bias them as you might to the most linear regions? Why this continuing pro/con battles regarding say, Lateral MOSFETs v. VMOSFETs...ordinary transistors v. ring emitter devices...multi-strand wire v. solid core...one sort of caps v. another sort?? The list --and the possibilities-- are seemingly endless. What about that simple line mostly drawn at the bottom of every schematic -- the 'ground' line. Is it as simple as the theoretical need makes it appear to be? Every hobbyist knows the "art and craft" that brings out real performance hiding behind that simple line.

I am not talking about the "High End" (which more often happens to be the "Hype End" these days!) peccadilloes here, but about the genuine advancement in the state of the art that have been brought about by the innate curiosity, talent and 'perspiration' of the many true hobbyists. It is in that spirit that I advocate further experimentation in areas about which most of us believe we know all that is to be known! Let us keep an open mind about reasonable discoveries, and not condemn them without a fair examination by many.

It is often from the 'many little truths' that a fuller picture of the Truth emerges!

My apologies for occupying so much of the thread space.

Warm regards to all.
--UKP

Last edited by The Prof; 1st September 2018 at 02:32 AM. Reason: spellchecks
Old 1st September 2018, 07:41 AM   #1685
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
I am not talking about the "High End" (which more often happens to be the "Hype End" these days!) peccadilloes here, but about the genuine advancement in the state of the art that have been brought about by the innate curiosity, talent and 'perspiration' of the many true hobbyists. It is in that spirit that I advocate further experimentation in areas about which most of us believe we know all that is to be known! Let us keep an open mind about reasonable discoveries, and not condemn them without a fair examination by many.
Absolutely - but that is exactly why I am so perplexed by the seeming reluctance of those hobbyists to make even the most elementary measurements and perform objective tests to verify the possible improvements.
Old 10th September 2018, 03:00 PM   #1686
Neheb is offline Neheb
diyAudio Member

Default Hypex DLCP cases

I have two new Hypex DLCP cases left. Everything that can be seen on the photos would be included.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11th September 2018, 04:54 AM   #1687
The Prof is offline The Prof  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

....Pro stuff...very nice!!

Hypex DSP module(s)Hide this!Advertise here!