My take to the "Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CD 104 philips and TDA1541

Hi Oliver..i forgot to ask something..and i hope you can help me.

I would like to use the amazing CD104 Philips like transport...tapping out the I2S..

I know that the SAA7000 works different form the SAA7210..

I found this on DIYAUdio..about the replacement of TDA1540 with the 1541..

SAA7000 ---> TDA1541A
DLCF 13 ---> DATA_L 3
DRCF 15 ---> DATA_R 4
CLCF 14 ---> BCK 2
STR1 12 ---> LE 1

Pin 27, OB/TWC, must be connected to -5v placing the TDA1541A in simultaneous L and R data mode.

IS it possible to implement this on our DAC...? I think i've to rewire externally the input of tda1541..right?

Thank for your support.

Maurizio.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Oliver..i forgot to ask something..and i hope you can help me.

I would like to use the amazing CD104 Philips like transport...tapping out the I2S..

I know that the SAA7000 works different form the SAA7210..

I found this on DIYAUdio..about the replacement of TDA1540 with the 1541..

SAA7000 ---> TDA1541A
DLCF 13 ---> DATA_L 3
DRCF 15 ---> DATA_R 4
CLCF 14 ---> BCK 2
STR1 12 ---> LE 1

Pin 27, OB/TWC, must be connected to -5v placing the TDA1541A in simultaneous L and R data mode.

IS it possible to implement this on our DAC...? I think i've to rewire externally the input of tda1541..right?

Thank for your support.

Maurizio.

Puh... If you find this mod here and the howto is correct, than that´s the way to go.
I don´t have any experiences with this mod.
Perhaps someone else of the community could help?!

Best,
Oliver

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Maurizio,

i would like to help you with your question, but as written before i don´t have any experiences with the CD104 and it´s SAA7000.

I think it make sense to post your question in the thread where the howto comes from.

From my side, i would always use the DEM reclock circuit.

:cheers:
Oliver

Here ist the new TDA1541A DAC V2.0 module

Changes

- added DEM-CLK circuit
- shortest possible position for decoupling caps
- separate ground line for decoupling caps
- minor parts changes​

I see the separate ground line for decoupling caps. If I am not mistaken you join digital to analogue ground at pin 5 & 14 which is standard for the 1541 data sheet. Is it possible to not join these grounds at this point and take them indendently back to the star ground at the supply to avoid digital noise from getting into analogue stage? Some cdp join these pins via a small cap. I would welcome your thoughts.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I see the separate ground line for decoupling caps. If I am not mistaken you join digital to analogue ground at pin 5 & 14 which is standard for the 1541 data sheet. Is it possible to not join these grounds at this point and take them indendently back to the star ground at the supply to avoid digital noise from getting into analogue stage? Some cdp join these pins via a small cap. I would welcome your thoughts.

That´s not the latest revision. The actual is V2.3 HERE.
There is absolute no digital noise in the analog stage.
If you want to separate the digital and analogue GND, you must lift the pins out of the socket.

Dac and Tube-I-zator

Hi all,

This project is very interesting for me because I love the sound the the tda1541 chip. I have it in S1 incarnation in a old cd player and it's paradise to my ears.

I would like to have one, with the valve output option. Only need usb and optical inputs and I don't need balanced outputs.

I don't have the skills to build myself one.

There is here someone that could build me one?

Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.