Behringer DCX2496 digital X-over

I use the behringer src -deq-dcx in that order,the deq and dcx are about 3metres from the src ,the src is with the cd and pre-amp in my listening position.
When the dull odd sound happens i just toggle between src and ad or change the conversion rate,this always sorts out the problem,have never had to power anything off.
I've tried sending 96 -88 -44 but they all have the same problem,never new which unit was causing the problem though.
I've used these units for many years now and often press the button just to make sure that everything is locked in.
Apart from this minor irritation i would not part with them ,if only there was a quick fix!!!
Steve

Stupid question

Background:
I have a modified DCX2496 running for a long time in my system. I have installed the Pilgham Audio analog and clock mods. I use it with SPDIF input only directly from a computer.
lately, it started giving me troubles. it started with digital hiccups and now it is completely mute.
Question:
until all this started, I had my unit on all of the time. in order to reset it I turned it off and on again. it doesn't turn on immediately but blinks its display and one column of leds on the input leds and output leds for some time before it steadies. is this normal or hints of a problem? I simply don't remember how it behaved when it was OK since I never turned it off...

Shmulik

Silliness aside, any change in the signal is distortion and must also include freq aberrations (duh).

Some of these changes prolly can be measured in the usual ways. But these changes aren't necessarily audible or if you can set up a lab-like test in which they are audible on special test tones, they still may not be audible at home with music (or your music may sound better with the delay).

B.