Behringer DCX2496 digital X-over

With great difficulty at the moment! Waiting on the 6 gang pot I have on order. Just experimenting with the digital input, will revert to analogue for the time being. I'm getting better input level with the digital so will go that way ultimately, also means a couple less conversions so must be the optimum way

With great difficulty at the moment! Waiting on the 6 gang pot I have on order. Just experimenting with the digital input, will revert to analogue for the time being. I'm getting better input level with the digital so will go that way ultimately, also means a couple less conversions so must be the optimum way

digital input going red, is this an issue when going from AES3 to spdif? I can not hear any clipping though. Some black tape doing the job well :D

On digital signals the input VU meters should see red from time to time. As long as the digital signal itself isn't clipped, the DCX input will not be.
I presume all it means is that the input from the CD player is approaching 16 1's or 24 after upsampling? In the end it is what it is I can't see there being any advantage to attenuating the digital input?

Last edited:
Details of the 6 volume chip here HTTP 301 This page has been moved
Thanks for link to chip data sheet. Not a word about distortion.

But I am curious about the how well these devices pan out when implemented. Seems there are a whole bunch of similar (identical?) devices out there.

F9 PGS2311 5.1 channel volume control kit+LCD Display+remote-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Can anybody offer some further guidance on buying an electronic ganged 6-channel volume control?

I couldn't be much happier than with my SPDIF coax to Input A and a multi-gang pot output control.

B.