FLAC to CD player internal DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I simply love the sound from my Cambridge CD3, and wondered if it was possible to somehow connect the digital output from my computer to the internal dac (4 x tda1541)
I do not have the schematic, but after reading a lot on the net about this player, it seems to be a relativly simple design.
Any chance that it could be done simply by finding the correct number and placement of the legs, and then solder an input cable?:D
any thoughts and maybe diagrams will be highly appreiciated.

Steen

44kHz does not need that much bandwidth. The only limiting factor a relay can present is interelectrode capacitance which to me appears to be on par with the pcb tracks. Didn't really measure the pulse's fronts but couldn't hear any degradation with or without the relays.

Why would i even suspect a "degradation in numbers"? The very worst i can expect is a slight rounding of the slopes due to the added capacitance. As the I2S is fed into an ASRC in this particular DAC, it seems to make no difference. A relay is just not all that different from a longer PCB track.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.