Tentlabs/Guido

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

did anyone buy items from Tentlabs of late?
Have you received your items ?
Could you communicate with the ghost Guido who turns up on this forum but who disappears when it comes to reply to his customers ????

I highly respect silence but so far I got it for free and enjoyed it...

Just learnt that paypal is going to refund me...Not a single word of explanation or of any kind from Guido Tent since the 23rd of May.

Every member must know that this man is not to be trusted, if you go to his new web shop it will be at your own risks as he won't even have to e-mail you now .
Hard to think that any ebayer contacts you immediately after buying and often gives you a tracking number for shipping whereas people like Guido with a selling web site don't even bother to speak with customers and neglect the minimum service required.

I agree Davas - there are other posts to this effect on this forum - I had a similar experience myself & there were a number of posters saying give him a chance he's moving premises - that was 2 years ago - I don't think that excuse can be used any more - I believe that this sort of practise should be exposed!! Indeed I believe that these warnings should be put as a sticky thread to warn others

I had exactly the same situation with Welborne Labs so the cumulative identical experiences are very frustrating.
Hopefully some are more responsive like diy HIFI supply.

Finally this time things should be sorted out thanks to the efficiency of Menno Van Der Veen

I recently bought a XO2.2 from Guido. I had to follow up on my order but received it ok and not even that late.... For a previous order I had the same experience; late but it did arrive.

The products look good, the price is not that bad but service is not what it should be.

Guido, hope you're reading this : outsource the selling and service part, it is not your forte.

I could do the selling for you... :D

Jeroen

Allen Wright said:
I just talked with someone at TENT Labs. Guido's father is VERY ill and Guido was not at work all last week and will not be at work all this week.

So give the guy a break, and send him some good wishes for his Father.

Life is not just all about audio!

Regards, Allen (Vacuum State)

Best wishes to Guido of course!

But no break.... as there is no excuse for sloppyness when dealing with paying customers, ever.

I know and I 'm obviously sorry for him but let's not confusion reign in.
I've been waiting for a word from him for one month and a half and in the meantime I could see his posts and the status of his connections on this very forum.
Let's forget it now.
Best wishes to him too.

On the homepage of Tentlabs there is a note about the delays:

dear Customer,

Due to personal circumstances I am not able to respond to Email. Also order handling is delayed. I thank you for your understanding and expect to be able to reply and ship orders after July 20.

Anyway .. I can understand that life itself is much more important then having your DAC upgraded ...

But in March this year I also had a very slow response on my purchase (XO2.2 clock) from Tentlabs.
I rerquested some information before buying and got a prompt reply. I ordered the same day.
A couple of days later I did not had any response or order confirmation and after a week I got a reply they were very behind on orders and shipment because of high customer demand. After one more week I received my clock.

Maybe Guido's business hass grown too big to be handled by himself without support.
I know (I am from The Netherlands too) that Tentlabs is around for quite a while and has a very good reputation for their products so I give him some (much) credit.
But I fully agree that he could improve his communication.

I wish him all the best.

Oystein

Yes, it´s a shame that Guido is not taking his customers too seriously - again. It is always very sad when someone close is very sick.

However, if one wants to run a serious business then let a brother or friend help you with the email communication. Here it will be possible to tell the customers what they can expect - or what the can´t expect.

Not too long ago I saw an internet shop explaining that the shop was moving to another place and that orders could not be handled for the next two weeks. Furthermore, all items in the shop was written as "out of stock" so the customers couldn´t order the parts before they were ready to ship. This was a fair type of action, I think.

I also think it is funny to see that Allen Wright is the one sending an excuse explaining what is going on in Mr. Tents family. AFAIK Mr. Wright was ignoring his customers sometime ago in exactly the same way as Mr. Tent.

When I read such warnings about shops on the internet I am VERY careful about placing orders such places.

Kind regards

Karsten

We did have some difficulties with our On-line shop a few years ago, yes.

But now we have a working On-line shop, we have now have staff who ship within a day or two, and our past problems have been handled.

Our Supercables CookBook, which did have poor quality photos, has been completely revised, with past customers being offered a special deal on an Update, so our concense is clear.

Please allow for people to improve - it is something we all try to do.

Regards, Allen

Allen Wright (Founder & CEO)
Vacuum State GmbH
Buesingerstr. 5
8203 Schaffhausen
Switzerland
Ph: + 41 52 62035 81
Fax: + 41 52 62035 83
www.vacuumstate.com

Best wishes for Guido, but:

I ordered and payed an XOClock in FEBRUARY 2009.

Still as of today, no order confirmation, no shipping details, no reply to my emails and no goods received.

I see that others here have had success but after nearly half a year I'm worried, and that kind of doing business is anything but serious.

Jon

Best wishes for Guido, but:

I ordered and payed an XOClock in FEBRUARY 2009.

Still as of today, no order confirmation, no shipping details, no reply to my emails and no goods received.

I see that others here have had success but after nearly half a year I'm worried, and that kind of doing business is anything but serious.

Jon
What about now? Have you got it?

I got my XO3 in about 3 weeks. Well packaged. Fine.

dear all,

I just stumbled across this post. Tentlabs is a fast growing business, and it is hard to keep track of all. No excuse, but unfortunately the reality. Last year I have taken much care of my father, which took a lot of time from me. My father passed away in July, at the age of 80.

Last months we implemented the webshop, and logistics are now taken care of. What is left are some problems with Email communication (I can't check my spambox, browsing through 500+ mails every days is no joke) and payments (some payments are hard to allocate).

Jon, we communicated about your order, the payment has been traced by my bank and the order goes out asap.

thanks for all your input, and to quote my former employer; let's make service better

best

Guido

Guido, you have your email on your homepage clearly written. This is a very good way to get spam. Avoid exposure of your email as much as possible. You can write it something (at) tentlabs dot com or simply misspell it like info@ttentlabs.com and write that customers must remove the extra "t". You can also have email forms.

I'll agree that money directly to a bank account can sometimes be hard to trace but via Paypal everything is clear.

I send also a thought to your old father :RIP:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.