Digital Room Correction and Foobar2000 Convolve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there any setup guide about on the web that documents measuring in room freq responce and digital room correction?

There is a convolve plugin for foobar2000 that's easy to set up. But generating the impulse file is more tricky.

I'd like to hear from anyone that uses DRC. Is it worth it? What equipment and software did you use to set it up?

I used this microphone pre with a DIY mic built with this capsule (see this guide) and an envy24 based audio card.
For the procedure to obtain the impulse response i followed step by step the guide on DRC site using a PC with linux and alsa driver for the mentioned audio card (but it's possible to do the same thing in windows - there are win exe in the DRC source archive).
Then i converted the two impulse resp (for left and right) pcm float32 to a single wav (signed 32 bit pcm) with audacity to use it in the foobar convolver.

ciao
andrea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.